Intermountain Healthcare Transportation Driver III (Semi Driver) - Graveyard Shift in Midvale, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
"Safety Matters" is the motto for our Supply Chain transportation team. Want to be a key player in helping people "Live the Healthiest Lives Possible?" If you are a flexible and compassionate caregiver with attention to detail, and committed to working in a clean, safe environment then this is the job for you!
At the time of application, Intermountain is required to notify candidates that drug and alcohol testing and participation in the company’s program is required.All Applicants must be notified that a pre-employment drug and alcohol test in compliance with federal regulations of DOT and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) or Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is required prior to the start date.
Prospective and current employees who are required to submit to drug testing must provide a urine sample suitable for analysis. If urine concentration is dilute or considered an “invalid” sample by the lab, the test may be retaken at the discretion of Intermountain Healthcare’s Corporate Employee Health or Medical Review Officer. If a re-test is required, the current or prospective employee is scheduled to report to the testing site by the end of business that day, or within 24 hours if notified after 10:00 a.m. Failure to do so is deemed a failed test. A second dilute or invalid specimen is considered a failed test.
All applicants will be provided required testing documents.
Click here to read the notification of pre-employment drug testing requirements for this position.
This position operates a commercial motor vehicle with a GVW greater than 26,000 lbs with trailers up to 53 feet in length. This position is accountable for the safe and courteous driving, delivery, loading and unloading (including safe forklift operation) of items to facilities in the Intermountain distribution network. This position will be responsible to operate a semi tractor and trailer in compliance with all state and federal regulations, including required paperwork, safety checks and reporting of any maintenance problems. Works to provide an excellent distribution system between facilities and organizations within Intermountain Healthcare.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Safety Awareness: Safely operates a commercial motor vehicle with a GVW greater than 26,000 lbs in a variety of conditions and environments to complete deliveries of equipment, packages, specimens and supplies. Typically transports large or heavy items that require safe lifting and safe moving techniques. Stays aware of conditions and circumstances that affect one's own safety or the safety of others. Protects the physical well-being of personnel and self against work related accidents, injuries or other debilitations.
- 2. Service Focus: Makes customers needs a primary focus of one's actions; shows interest in and understanding of the needs and expectations of internal and external customers; gains customer trust and respect; meets or exceeds customer expectations; shows willingness to gather and listen to customer feedback.
- 3. Effective Communicator: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Keeps others informed as appropriate.
- 4. Planning and Organizing: Manages time effectively and accomplishes assigned tasks. Organizes work, sets priorities and determines the correct use of resources. Determines necessary sequence of activates to achieve goals.
- 5. Initiative: Supports department's goals and objectives. Takes action without being asked or required to; achieves beyond job requirements; acts proactively; takes prompt action to accomplish objectives.
- 6. Adaptability: Adjusts to dynamic business needs and conditions. Adjusts appropriately to the needs of the situation with a positive attitude and willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives; adapts to change quickly and easily; makes suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of change; shows a willingness to learn new methods, procedures or techniques results from change. Note: If an employee is hired without OSHA Forklift certification, they must obtain the certification within six months of hire to remain in the position.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time - Graveyard M-F with hours between 6:30pm - 3:00am. Occasional overtime may be required to complete established routes depending on weather and/or other external factors.
- Possess a valid class "A" driver's license with no restrictions and pass a driver's road test as required by DOT to operate a commercial motor vehicle.
- 21 years of age or older as required by the DOT to operate a commercial motor vehicle.
- Possess a valid DOT CDL Medical Card.
- Five years professional driving experience.
- Demonstrated ability to use basic computer software and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow department procedures and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to comply with Intermountain Healthcare's Motor Vehicle Driver Policy.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to load and unload carts and pallets.
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate and maneuver forklifts in tight spaces while loading and unloading pallets from docks and trailers.
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate trucks and equipment in all weather and light conditions and therefore must have good vision physical agility and good motor skills.
- Lifting, sitting, seeing standing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, climbing, and walking
- OSHA Forklift certified.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Supply Chain Center
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Full Time