Intermountain Healthcare Data Architect-Staff in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position coordinates gathering report requirements from the business, and developing dimensional data models designed by Data Architect to support those requirements for all PeopleSoft and OBIA/OBIEE reporting for Finance, Supply Chain and HR/Payroll ERP applications. Candidates should have the ability to effectively respond to complex inquiries from clients, coworkers, and or management to solve problems and develop a variety of options in moderately complex situations.
The Data Architect is responsible for assisting Senior Architects in developing dimensional databases. The Staff Level Data Architect applies dimensional theory and business process analysis to the development of logical data models and converts these logical models into physical database. The position develops and implements enterprise-level strategies and principles for the integration of enterprise information resources by defining corporate standards for data architecture, format, quality, and database design.
The Staff Level Data Architect independently manages projects that are moderate in complexity. The Staff Data Architect provides input and leadership to help define best practices and standards in database design and business intelligence solutions. Works closely with leadership and customers at the corporate level of the organization to develop integrated and standardized business intelligence solutions.
Essential Job Duties
1. Records detailed logical and physical data models in the information repository and coordinates the publication and maintenance of these models.
2. Facilitates database design sessions and translates business requirements into logical and physical system designs for moderately complex projects.
3. Coordinates the physical database design and implementation process for moderately complex projects. Designs the optimal data presentation environment for the customer and works with various reporting tools.
4. Coordinates with specific database performance monitoring and tuning tasks including the design of optimization and indexing schemes for moderately complex projects.
5. Develops, tests and implements ETL (extract, transformation. and load) routines.
6. Documents business requirements and essential functionality requirements for in-house developments.
7. Ensures proper integration with existing Intermountain Healthcare's data, standards, and business processes.
8. Provides leadership for moderately complex projects through development of project work plans, recommendations for optimal utilization of resources, milestone tracking, and coordination of project team efforts. Keeps management and customers informed of progress and exceptions.
9. Assists in the development and implementation of system backup, recovery, and support plans.
10. Addresses the customer needs, manages expectations and ensures system-wide integration.
11. Participates in the technical review process of designs completed by other designers.
12. Develops, documents, and delivers complex ad-hoc queries of production data as requested by business users.
13. Consults with the business users that are performing queries. Works effectively with clients and staff to determine needs, specifications, feasibility, and project priorities.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: full time, exempt
- Department: Business Applications
- Office location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Bachelor's degree. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Three years experience in database design, development, and business intelligence technologies.
- Demonstrated high degree of flexibility and motivation in an aggressively changing environment.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of SQL (structured query language).
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills to promote and advance business intelligence in collaboration with our customers.
- Demonstrated project management skills, customer service skills, as well as demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential material and adher to data security and confidentiality protocols and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general data warehousing concepts and understands the primary differences between On-line Transaction Processing and Decision Support systems and how to appropriately support the requirements and environments for each.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other IT equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Experience working with Oracle’s Supply Chain and Order Management, Procurement and Spend, Financial and Human Resources pre-built Analytics (OBIA).
- Experience working with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE).
- Experience working with PowerCenter and PowerCenter Adaptors.
- Experience working with Oracle Data Integrator.
- Experience working with Oracle PeopleSoft and/or E-Business Suite ERP applications for Finance, Supply Chain and HR/Payroll.
- Experience with PL/SQL
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Employee Services
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Murray, US-UT-Salt Lake City