Intermountain Healthcare Dietitian Specialist I - Dialysis - Intermountain Medical Center in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Facilitates the nutrition care process with a moderate degree of autonomy, using experience-based knowledge, nutrition assessment, and diagnostic reasoning skills and competencies.
Essential Job Duties
- Completes and documents specialized nutrition assessment.
- Completes and documents nutrition diagnosis in the specialty area.
- Identifies and implements appropriate nutrition interventions including quality nutrition education based on customer needs, expectations, and culture.
- Monitors and evaluates individual patient nutrition outcomes related to nutrition diagnosis, goals, and interventions in the specialty area.
- Communicates nutrition expertise with all appropriate healthcare providers.
- Uses resources effectively and efficiently in practice.
- Mentors staff and students.
- Participates in department continuous quality improvement projects, strategic plans, and initiatives.
- Works with a moderate degree of professional autonomy and independent practice using diagnostic reasoning skills.
- Applies research to improve patient outcomes.
Note: If employee is hired without being a Certified Dietitian, they must become certified within two months of hire to remain in the job.
- Entry Rate: $24.27 or commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Monday - Friday; Business Hours.
- Additional Details: Employee may be asked to come in before or stay after, business hours, to talk with patients
- Bachelors in dietetics, nutrition, or nutrition related field. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Food handler's permit (as required by facility).
- 4,000 hours of work experience in specialty area,or 2,000 hours of experience and specialty certificate such as CNSC, CSP, CSR, CDE, Certificate of Weight Management, or other appropriate certification as approved by Manager.
- Successful completion of an approved Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) program.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency.
- Certified Dietitian State of Utah or obtain within two months of hire (see note above)
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Master's degree in dietetics, nutrition, or specialty area. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Renal dietary experience
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Food and Nutrition
Job Type Full Time