Intermountain Healthcare Floor Care Specialist - 8pm to 4:30am - Intermountain Medical Center in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Responsible to perform floor care tasks according to detailed instruction and to maintain the facility in a sanitary, safe, clean, and attractive environment to meet hospital and Joint Commission standards. Performs floor care duties at off-site buildings and general housekeeping duties as assigned.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides maintenance to hard surface floors by stripping, buffing, burnishing, scrubbing, and re-finishing according to procedure.
- Provides maintenance to carpeted floors by vacuuming, bonnet buffing, shampooing, extracting, and performing spot removal.
- Uses cleaning/floor chemicals properly according to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
- Understands procedures and properly disposes of infectious waste and trash.
- Handles and cleans up emergency spills per department guidelines as well as to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
- Operates and maintains assigned equipment according to established procedures.
- Handles equipment maintenance needs including (as needed) reporting problems with equipment and facility timely and appropriately.
- Performs general Housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Entry Rate: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes plus shift and weekend differential
- Shift Details: 8pm to 4:30am - Rotating weekends
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including:
- Read color coded labels and chemicals.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Demonstrated ability to work well without direct supervision.
- Carrying, Climbing, Crawling, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking.
- Professional housekeeping experience. Professional experience in carpet cleaning and hard surface floor care.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Guest Services / Housekeeping
Job Type Full Time