Intermountain Healthcare Med Tech/MLS-Student - Intermountain Medical Center - PRN in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Students from CLS and CLT programs will be integrated into the laboratory staff so that as training in laboratory departments is completed they may be used as PRN staff to temporarily fill vacancies. Under the direct supervision of the Laboratory Supervisor, the Medical Technologist/MLS-Student is accountable for performing a limited menu of qualitative and quantitative laboratory tests as qualified by recent training, both manual and automated, of varying complexity to be utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Attends Hospital and Laboratory New Employee Orientations and completes all required paperwork and documentation before starting internship. Attends scheduled departmental training, completes required SOP training documentation and testing in a timely manner. Completes all mandatory training as assigned.
- 2. Maintains a professional relationship with all staff instructors and asks for additional clarification as necessary during training and while working shifts.
- 3. Completes departmental training and competency assessment prior to performing patient testing.
- 4. Performs routine and STAT laboratory testing, reviews results and reports accurate and timely information.
- 5. Completes required quality control testing, maintains records and documentation necessary to fulfill regulatory agency requirements, and takes appropriate corrective action as necessary.
- 6. May perform preventative maintenance, cleaning and calibration procedures according to SOPs and manufacturer's developed schedules.
- 7. May perform proficiency testing and achieves satisfactory results related to all specialties or areas worked.
- 8. May provide appropriate instruction to patients and their family members.
- 9. May help maintain supply inventory, notifying supervisor when supplies are low.
- Entry Rate: $14.83
- PRN, No guaranteed hours/shifts
- Not Benefits Eligible
- Enrolled in a MT/MLS student program and eligible for internship status.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills using email, telephone, and in person.
- Flexible in schedule changes and to work a variety of shifts that may include weekends, holidays, nights, and on-call.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to verbally communicate information.
- Operate computers and complex and delicate lab equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read lab equipment, monitors, and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer or other equipment.
- Current BYU or U of U student completing an internship at Central Lab
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Job Type On-Call / PRN