Intermountain Healthcare Quality Analyst Engineer-Sr in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Quality Analyst/Engineer-Senior is responsible to ensure software quality through testing software / software platforms for specific business needs including: enhancements, maintenance, and defect fixes. Senior-level professional experienced in all aspects of quality assurance and testing. Encompasses full knowledge required within the quality and software development lifecycle. Typically designs and develops approaches that are implemented by others. Functions with minimal oversight and direction. Provides technical guidance to peers.
Essential Job Duties
- Mentors and coaches associate and staff level employees on all job essentials.
- Creates and maintains test plans and individual test cases using approved standards, processes, and tools for common and complex projects. Evaluates level of risk in determining the scope and coverage of the individual test plan(s).
- Executes test cases, accurately documents defects using approved standards, processes and tools for common and complex projects.
- Collaborates in requirements development and/or review.
- Reports results and recommends to key business stakeholders / groups on the quality of the product, software development lifecycle processes and the risk of promoting for production use for common and complex projects.
- Participates in the creation and management of project plans. Consistently meets agreed upon deadlines or escalates issues, concerns and barriers to key project leaders. Assists in the prioritization of tasks/assignments.
- Acquires and maintains an in-depth understanding of the technical and functional architecture, security and compliance requirements of assigned systems and integration.
- Investigates and assists in the resolution of common and complex issues, incidents, and problems. Collaboratively works with peers, internal and external stakeholders, and vendors.
- With minimal oversight, develops training and knowledge based materials for use by peers and other IS team members.
- Creates and maintains complex database queries.
- Creates and maintains automation scripts for complex projects.
- Participates in the creation of test harnesses, automation and performance testing frameworks.
- Independently develops and implements communication plans to all stakeholder groups (internal and external).
- A Bachelor's degree in an information technology, computer science, healthcare (clinical or business), or business related field, or four years of equivalent information system experience. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Six years of experience working in the information technology QA field.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.\
- Operate computers and other IT equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the concepts of healthcare or healthcare insurance. Understands all types of information used in a healthcare or healthcare insurance environment and how the data is produced, consumed, and transformed.
- Experience writing automation tests and automation frameworks, preferably through Selenium
- Experience in creation and maintenance of complex database queries.
- Experience in two or more programming languages.
- Thorough understanding of Scrum best-practices and working in an agile environment
- Experience consistently delivering an extraordinary customer experience when interacting with peers, end-users, and others.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with spoken English in a technical or healthcare/healthcare insurance environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location SelectHealth
Expertise Information Technology
Job Type Full Time