Intermountain Healthcare Occupational Therapist in Orem, Utah
Greater Provo area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for providing direct patient services that may include identifying, evaluating, diagnosing, and treating, as well as indirect services including consulting, advising and teaching and training patients and their caregivers.
Essential Job Duties
- Assess and evaluate patient's condition according to the physician order and current standards of practice. Provide appropriate intervention including treatment related to the established plan of care with appropriate duration and intensity. Educates and trains patients and their caregivers.
- Accepts assignments from Director and/or Team Lead including case load, productivity standard, education and in-servicing others, orienting and training new employees, supervising and training students, and supervising COTAs and Aides.
- Actively participates in the quality improvement process for the team and the clinical setting and then follows through with the improvements.
- Communicates through written chart notes, evaluations, progress reports and discharge summaries regarding patient's status, any complications, prognosis and plans for follow-up care.
- Records daily charges and submits for payment according to department's billing guidelines.
- Participates in regularly scheduled or special clinical meetings related to patient care and clinic management.
- Maintains appropriate team and interdisciplinary relationships.
- Entry Rate: $32.30 per hour, or more depending on experience.
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN/On Call, 0-40 hours/week, it is estimated this position will work around 10 hours/week -- depending on the needs of the department.
- Department: Pediatric Rehab, Orem Community Hospital
- A degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program (will be verified).
- Current license in the State of practice.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing, sitting, speaking, squatting/kneeling, standing, and walking.
- Certified Occupational Therapist through the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 10
Primary Work Location Orem Community Hosp
Job Type On-Call / PRN