Intermountain Healthcare Critical Care Tech - Deer Valley Resort - Full Time in Park City, Utah
Park City/Heber area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Critical Care Technician functions as a clinical support partner in the Critical Care and Emergency Department settings. They assist the patient care team in the performance of various tasks and procedures for the critically ill patient and/or patients requiring special skills or observation. Act under the direction and supervision of appropriate clinical licensed personnel.
Essential Job Duties
- Assists with admission, discharge, and transfer of patients, including transport.
- Provides excellent customer service when responding to patient/family requests.
- Reports and records patient care findings and data in a timely manner. Reports change in the patient condition quickly, and secure qualified assistance as needed.
- When working on a clinical unit, may be required to take medications from the delivery system to the RN.
- Prioritizes and delivers patient care as delegated by the RN or other members of the interdisciplinary team. This may include (but is not limited to) collecting patient data, vital signs, oxygen therapy, and cardiac monitoring.
- Performs in critical care situations as directed by RN or MD.
- Assist with emergency resuscitation, set-up and assistance with line insertion, and retrieval of supplies and equipment.
- Recognizes and completes unit and patient care needs with minimal direct supervision.
- Collaborates and consults with RN and other members of the interdisciplinary team for best patient care.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork, prioritization, communication, and organization.
- Performs non-nursing duties as delegated, i.e.: cleaning, stocking, answering phones, clerical support, providing directions, etc.
- Entry Rate: $13.28
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full time variable shifts, weekend and holiday requirements
- Department: Deer Valley Resort - Park City
- Additional Details: This is a seasonal clinic located at the Ski Resort. The clinic is open 7 days week during the ski season, generally from October through May
- If doing Point of Care Testing: Must have a High School diploma or GED in compliance with CLIA regulations.
- EMT or Paramedic Certification in state of practice.or MA Certification (if working in the ER).or CNA Certification with one year of experience.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- CNA experience or applicable healthcare experience.
- Current enrollment in nursing school.
- Basic computer skills.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Park City Clinic
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Park City