Intermountain Healthcare Eligibility Counselor I in Park City, Utah
Park City/Heber area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for evaluating patient needs and informing the patient of financial options for facility billing through all appropriate federal, state, and/or local programs including identifying potential charity patients, working to ensure financial reimbursement, resolving complex billing issues, and acting as a resource and financial coordinator for patients and their families, the care providers, third party payers, billing coordinators, and reimbursement staff.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Works assigned accounts on a daily basis and accurately coding the accounts.
- 2. Assists Eligibility Managers in completing Services Requiring Approval template.
- 3. Assures compliance for pre-treatment and post-treatment services with all third party payers, commercial carriers, and managed care payers.
- 4. Applies the Residency Program consistently to ensure that non-residents do not receive financial assistance.
- 5. Assists patients in completing the Financial Assistance application and scans documents for the application to be processed by the Central Financial Assistance Team.
- 6. Serves as a financial resource to self-pay patients including discussing and assisting with financial alternatives, and exploring financial arrangements in order to secure sponsorship.
- 7. Serves as a resource to patients with respect to alternate funding and choices of insurance coverage (i.e., Medicare and Medicaid eligibility, COBRA, Social Security Disability, DSH, HIP, Crime Victims, auto, TPL, retirement plans, etc.) including assisting with pplications, eligibility guidelines, and with billing related issues.
- 8. Keeps appraised of changes in federal and state guidelines related to area(s) of service, including attending conferences and other training opportunities when available.
- 9. Supports FAIR processes within the facility by registering, and collecting deposits, copayments and deductibles as assigned.
- Entry Rate: $15.33
- Benefits Eligible: yes
- Shift Details: M-F 9 - 5:30
- Experience in basic word processing and spreadsheets.
- Four years customer service experience within the last ten years.
- Experience working effectively in time sensitive situations, coordinating multiple responsibilities effectively, and to making prompt, responsible decisions.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical billing.
- Experience working in a diverse, fast paced, visionary work environment.
- Bi-lingual Spanish speaking.
- Admitting, billing, collection and /or insurance verification experience.
- Experience working with hospital staff including Social Workers, Medicaid Outreach staff, Registrars, Emergency/Outpatient staff, etc.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Park City Medical Center
Expertise Clerical / Secretarial / Business Office Support
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Park City