Intermountain Healthcare Occupational Therapist Assistant - COTA Homecare & Hospice in Park City, Utah
Park City/Heber area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Under the direct supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist, the Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant is responsible for providing therapeutic patient care services including consulting and training the patient and their caregivers.
Essential Job Duties
- Assists supervising therapist with rendering rehabilitative treatment according to the established plan of care with appropriate duration and intensity. Monitor patient activities and document their progress.
- Educates and trains patients and their caregivers.
- Accepts assignments from Director and/or Team Lead including case load, productivity standard, education and in-servicing others, orienting and training new employees, supervising and training students.
- Actively participates in the quality improvement process for the team and the clinical setting and then follows through with the improvements.
- Communicates through written chart notes, evaluations, progress reports and discharge summaries regarding patient's status, any complications, prognosis and plans for follow-up care.
- Records daily charges and submits for payment according to department's billing guidelines.
- Participates in regularly scheduled or special clinical meetings related to patient care and clinic operations.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- This is a full time 40 hour per week position
- Shift Details: Shifts are full time Monday through Friday business hours.
- Coverage area is split between Salt Lake and Summit/Wasatch counties, 3 days in Salt Lake and 2 days in Summit/Wasatch.
- This is a pay per visit position after compeletion of your orientation phase. Pay per visit rate is $38.40 per visit credit.
- You will have an hourly rate during the orientation phase (approximately 6 - 8 weeks) based upon your years of OT work experience.
- Mileage reimbursement and shift differentials available.
- Associate's degree from an accredited Occupational Therapist Assistant program (degree will be verified).
- Current license in the State of practice.
- A certified Occupational Therapist Assistant through the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Current driver’s license
- Access to insured and reliable transportation
- Acceptable driving record to comply with the policies and procedures maintaining insurability of Intermountain Healthcare ( Generally, a potential new hire can have no more than three moving violations in the last three years )
- Hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing, sitting, speaking, squatting/kneeling, standing, and walking.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location HCS Salt Lake City Homecare
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Heber City, US-UT-Salt Lake City, US-UT-Park City