Intermountain Healthcare Surgical Tech - Park City - F/T in Park City, Utah
Park City/Heber area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position performs various duties as a member of the surgical team to assist the team in ensuring that the operative procedure goes smoothly and quickly and that a safe surgical experience is provided for the patient. This position functions under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and reports administratively to Surgical Services management.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensure room and all surgical items meet sterilization criteria.
- Maintains sterile field and safe environment.
- Prepares room and instruments for surgical procedure.
- Assist the surgical staff during the procedure, within the Scope of Practice.
- After procedure, cleans room and prepares for next procedure.
- Identifies emergency situations and exercises judgment when implementing procedures to respond to emergencies.
- Entry Rate: $16.11 higher commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Varies
- Department: Operating Rooms
- Work Location: Park City Medical Center, Park City, Utah
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for healthcare providers.
- Completion of an accredited OR Tech training program or 2 years of hospital Surgical Services experience as a scrub tech.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, sterile indicator tags, colors, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment and instruments with precision and accuracy. This includes computer use and typing for documentation, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position with personal protective equipment for an extended period of time.
- National Certification as an OR Tech (this certification is required within 12 months of hire/transfer into this job).
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Park City Medical Center
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Park City