Intermountain Healthcare Medical Scribe-Utah Valley Sports Medicine-Full Time in Provo, Utah
Greater Provo area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
A Medical Scribe works to facilitate patient flow and ensure an accurate and complete medical record for each patient efficiently and costeffectively. The Medical Scribe functions under the clinic manager and providers within the clinical setting.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Accurately and thoroughly documents medical visit and procedures as they are being performed by the physician, including but not limited to:◦ a. Patient medical history and physical exam,◦ b. Procedures and treatments performed by healthcare professionals, including nurses and physician assistants,◦ c. Patient education and explanations of risks and benefits,◦ d. Physician-dictated diagnoses, prescriptions, and instructions for patient or family members for self-care and follow-up.
- 2. Effectively uses computer applications as needed in the office setting.
- 3. Maintains medical records and other information.
- 4. Facilitates timely billing by completing the necessary documentation.
- 5. Actively participates in quality improvement initiatives (i.e. CQI, TQM, Lean, 100% participation, etc.).
- 6. Complies with the specific standards that apply to the style of medical records and to the legal and ethical requirements for preparing medical documents and for keeping patient information confidential.
- Entry Rate: $13.93
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-time shifts, 40 hours/week.
- Department:Utah Valley Sports Medicine
- Demonstrated experience in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, diagnostic procedures, pharmacology, and treatment
- assessments to the extent required to understand and accurately transcribe dictated reports.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet, and e-mail.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear
- and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes
- frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Six months of Medical Scribe experience or related clinical training
- Experience using Electronic Medical Records (i.e. iCentra, EPIC, and Help2)
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Utah Valley Hospital
Expertise Clerical / Secretarial / Business Office Support
Job Type Full Time