Intermountain Healthcare Physical Therapist in Provo, Utah
Greater Provo area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for screening, testing, evaluating, diagnosing and treatment of injuries, diseases, and disabilities using physical therapy procedures and modalities in accordance with standard physical therapy practices; and also consulting, educating, and training patients and their caregivers.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintains current knowledge of standard physical therapy practices for various patient populations.
- Provides competent services including treatment. Performs subjective and objective evaluation according to diagnosis, past history, and physician referral while developing a plan of care with appropriate goals and objectives based on patient evaluation. Effectively maintains established department/service line productivity standards.
- Maintains appropriate documentation for each patient in a complete, thorough, and timely manner in accordance with regulatory, facility, and department requirements. May assist in preparing patient billing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Appropriately communicates with patients, families, physicians, nurses, and other healthcare staff regarding patient's needs, abilities, and goals. Ensures smooth facility and department operations. Effectively utilizes rehabilitation services with optimum patient care and response.
- Responsible for all aspects of patient care and education for assigned patients including supervision of all services provided by physical therapy assistants, aides, office staff, and students; ensuring consistent high-quality patient care.
- Participates in continuing education opportunities in accordance with established guidelines. Seeks opportunities for new and continual learning. Promotes and provides for continuing education for staff.
- Actively participates in the quality improvement process which may include maintaining and operating all physical therapy equipment safely and in accordance with established indications, facility and manufacturer procedure for operations. Responsible for outcome input. Responsible to continually improve clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction. May assist in utilization review audits.
- May assist manager with department operational oversight including but not limited to schedules, mentoring, supplies, equipment, and department budgets.
- Actively participates in program development and marketing strategies to enhance the physical therapy programs referral base and development of department goals.
- Entry Rate: $32.30/hour, or more depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN/On call, 0-40 hours/week, depending on the needs of the department
- Department: Physical Therapy
- Additional Details: The person in this position will be expected to work a minimum of 2 shifts per month.
- Current State Physical Therapist license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, and Walking.
- Clinical background experience in a healthcare setting.
- Possess skill sets and experience with target population of job setting.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Utah Valley Hospital
Job Type On-Call / PRN