Intermountain Healthcare Child Life Specialist I - Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Interacts directly with pediatric patients, families and other health team members and facilitates age-appropriate interactions and activities to help make the health care experience easier for patients/families, reduces patient/family distress, increases effective patient/family coping, fosters patient independence, and promotes optimum development.
Essential Job Duties
Accurately assesses, prioritizes, and documents pediatric patient and family care.
Develops, implements, and evaluates effective pediatric patient and family centered health care plans.
Provides developmentally-appropriate education, psychological procedural preparation, coping support, comfort management, and play opportunities, to pediatric patients and families.
Participates in selection, supervision, and training of practicum students and volunteers.
Assists with orienting, training and mentoring new employees.
- Entry Rate: $16.73 + (Based on Experience)
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: Variable
- Department: Child Life
- Additional Details: We have a PRN - Child Life Specialist position open located at Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution (degree will be verified).
- Child Life Certification from Child Life Council, Inc. or eligible for Child Life Certification (to be obtained within 6 months of hire date).
- Child Life experience in a medical or hospital setting.
- Computer experience in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases or similar applications .
- Experience in Child Life Core Competencies which include but are not limited to: 1) Establishing supportive relationships 2) Meeting needs of child and family members, with a focus on social, emotional, and cognitive development. 3) Providing education to and communicating with children, families and team members 4) Providing coping support and comfort management 5) Guiding children in therapeutic play techniques 6) Ongoing assessment and written documentation of clinical care.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pushing/Pulling, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking.
- Master's degree.
- 1 year Child Life work experience in a medical or hospital setting.
- Spanish Speaking.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Expertise Family Services / Mental Health
Job Type On-Call / PRN
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City