Intermountain Healthcare Community Care Transitionist - Intermountain Medical Center in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Provides operational support and transition duties, as assigned, for longitudinal care management services for identified highest risk (complex) Intermountain patients. Provides extraordinary and value based care management. Works collaboratively with the care management team, patients, family caregivers, significant others, healthcare providers, payers, community-based providers, and other involved parties to provide effective, efficient, and patient-centered care management services.
Essential Job Duties
- Understands, practices, and promotes the philosophy and guiding principles of Integrated Care Management. Develops relationships and collaborates with case/care management staff in episodic settings and across the continuum to promote process integration, seamless transitions from one case/care management program to another, continuity of care, and avoid duplicative care management services/process.
- Referral Management: Monitors pending and prioritized referrals for the CCM team. Maintains a record of the average daily caseload and workload.
- Pre-Screening: Pre-screens new cases and assigns an appropriate primary planner based on the patient's primary needs.
- Patient Consultation: Promptly contacts new patients by phone to introduce them to the CCM program, obtain verbal consent to participate, and schedules the initial assessment/evaluation.
- Intervention: Responsible for patient follow-up calls, as assigned by the CCM/CSW, to re-enforce education, self-management, and other care planning actions needed.
- Intervention: Collaborates, educates, communicates, and networks with healthcare providers across the continuum to ensure the patient?s care planning needs are met.
- Intervention: Advocates on behalf of patient, communicating and collaborating with healthcare providers, payers, physicians, and community-based services, where appropriate, to assist in establish an appropriate and integrated care plan for each patient.
- Intervention: Promotes mental health integration by collaboration with mental health/behavioral health providers.
- Intervention: Responsible for designated transition management duties to ensure an effective transition of care from one healthcare setting to another. Actively participates in system and regional process improvement initiatives to improve transitions of care.
- Clerical/Support: Establishes and maintains current community-based services and provider resource lists.
- Clerical/Support: Promptly and accurately performs duties, as assigned, to facilitate effective and efficient day-to-day operations and communication. Promptly escalates concerns to appropriate chain of command.
- Clerical/Support: Effectively and efficiently supports interdisciplinary care conferences, using collaborative practice models that promote interdisciplinary care planning and teamwork.
- Completes timely and accurate documentation in the medical record using knowledge of documentation standards for the department to facilitate communication with team members. Documentation is done in compliance with all clinical guidelines and billing/reimbursement standards.
- Organizes and prioritizes daily work by assessing new, current, and discharging patient needs in area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensure that productivity standards and expectations are met.
- Entry Rate: $17.33 + (Based on Experience)
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Position is four-ten hour shifts Monday through Friday, no weekends or holidays.
- Department: List Department/unit if desired
- Additional Details: We have a Full Time - 40 hour a week Community Care Transitionist position open located across the street from IMED in the office complex; The Pointe on 53rd in Salt Lake City.
- Three years of experience in patient care, care management, transition/discharge planning, medical assistance, healthcare coaching, or patient care coordination
- Certification, Associate Degree, or Bachelor's degree in a healthcare field
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly as needs arise.
- Knowledge of available health resources.
- Lifting, twisting, standing, seeing, manual dexterity, speaking, sitting.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Discharge/transition planning, healthcare coach, health advocate, or medical assistant experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Family Services / Mental Health
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City