Intermountain Healthcare Custodian - 5:00pm - 1:30am - Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The custodian position is responsible for waste management throughout the assigned facility. This includes the lifting, transporting and proper disposal of trash, infectious/hazardous waste, soiled linen and confidential shredding. The custodian may also perform general and specialty cleaning tasks to help maintain assigned buildings in a sanitary, safe, and attractive condition meeting hospital and Joint Commission standards. These tasks may include ordering supplies, room set-ups, furniture moves, and supply deliveries.
Essential Job Duties
- Gathers, lifts and transports trash and soiled linen throughout the facility in a clean and safe manner. Understands and follows approved Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Handles and cleans up emergency spills. Reports any hazardous situation immediately.
- Operates assigned equipment according to established procedure including department compactor.
- Uses supplies appropriately and effectively. Maintains needed levels of supplies.
- Provides housekeeping duties as needed per approved cleaning procedures.
- Provides floor care duties as needed using proper equipment, cleaning supplies and technique.
- Understands and effectively uses the teletracking system, the daily activity reports and the EMMA system.
- Entry Rate: $11.31 or commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: 5pm-1:30am with rotating weekends
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including reading color-coded labels and chemicals and the ability to follow written and verbal directions
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the department
- Demonstrated ability to work well without direct supervision
- Lifting, Pushing/Pulling, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking
- Professional custodial or housekeeping experience
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Expertise Guest Services / Housekeeping
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City