Intermountain Healthcare Data Analyst-Technical-Sr in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position focuses the majority of their time producing analytical solutions (reports, dashboards, tools, etc.) for leadership and stakeholders across the organization that supports business or clinical initiatives. This position provides consultation and support in the development, analysis, interpretation, and management of a variety of highly complex data sources to support process improvement, operations, strategy, cost reduction, and increased patient safety and satisfaction.
Essential Job Duties
This position is responsible for providing analytical support - typically at a system-wide level. May work as part of a system-wide team or interact with stakeholders across the system. Typically this position
performs analysis on highly complex projects under general supervision. This position works with data sources serving the needs of Pharmacy Services.
Creates reports that answer multiple related questions as well as reports with linked content, drilldown, and nested parameters. The report is formatted in such a way that leads the user through the report in a well-organized, easy to understand fashion.
Writes more advanced SQL including some query tuning and complex joins (e.g., outer joins on multiple tables). Uses sub-queries and the With Statement as well as more complex functions (e.g., Substr, To_Date, date calculations, etc.).
- Assists in the identification of data quality (accuracy, completeness, etc.) issues. Assists with the process of database design for assigned projects. As appropriate, trains other individuals and teams in the routine use of data collection, analysis, and reporting and interpretation tools for measuring performance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of Primary / Foreign Keys, Table / Field Aliases, and Partitions / Indexes to produce high quality material.
- Provides project management / project leadership as appropriate to drive timelines and deliverables.
- Trains others on skills and competencies required for previous levels of Data Analyst.
Collaborates with corporate and region resources to design, create, test, and implement analytic tools (databases, reports, web applications, dashboards, etc.) that support enterprise / region needs and to improve data collection and reporting strategies (minimize duplication, redundancy, etc.).
Demonstrates high level SQL and data extraction skills (i.e., Uses pre-defined scripts, changes parameters, GUI query (e.g., MS Access, tools with drag-drop query creation capability, and Excel cubes).
- Uses standard Intermountain Reporting tools to generate reports for end users that interpret data for others to promote evidence-based decision making.
- Possesses a fundamental understanding of the domain's data and associated data models and uses it to produce high quality material.
- Compares data output to ensure data accuracy. Creates basic QA test plans and validates data for accuracy.
- Responsible to document work / projects per enterprise-wide standards (reports, project tracking, databases, etc.).
- Understands the appropriate use of indexes, partitions, ability to understand Entity Relationship Diagrams.
- Uses / analyzes Intermountain data sources (EDW, ORMIS, AS400, Essbase, Risk Management, etc.) to meet local and enterprise needs.
- Provides consultation, data analysis and project management for clinical and business stakeholders across the organization. Communicates technical / analytical concepts to others.
- Shares important and relevant information with the team. Proactively offers suggestions, provides resources, volunteers for assignments, and removes barriers to help the team accomplish its goals.
- Contributes to Intermountain?s analyst community by participating in monthly analyst community events such as ASK (Analysts Seeking Knowledge) through presenting, teaching, and mentoring.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-Time
- Department: 10600-76911 Pharmacy Services
- Location: Central Offices
- A Master's Degree in an analytics-related field such as statistics, mathematics, information systems, computer science, finance, economics, or an MBA with an emphasis in analytics and four years of experience.or A Master's Degree in a non-related field or a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and six years of experience, four of which are in the area of subject matter expertise (Actuarial, Clinical Programs, Clinical Services, Compliance, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Management Engineering, Quality, Revenue Cycle, Select Health / Insurance, Strategic Planning, Costing, Chargemaster, Budgeting, etc.)or A Bachelor's Degree with eight years of experience and six years of experience in the area of subject matter expertise.
- Experience demonstrating a working knowledge of SQL (structured query language), quality improvement principles, and a fundamental knowledge of database design principles.
- Experience demonstrating success in the development, analysis, interpretation, and management of a variety of complex data sources to include all facets of decision support/financial reporting.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail, and scheduling applications.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with the industry standard BI or analytical tools and technologies.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to verbally communicate information.
- Operate computers and other IT equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Experience with data visualization such as Tableau.
- Applied understanding of graphical user interface design best practices.
- Experience with query tuning.
- Experience in healthcare.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Sorenson Building
Expertise Information Technology
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City