Intermountain Healthcare Executive Asst - Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position provides administrative support to three Assistant Administrators of Primary Children's Hospital and other members of PCH. The incumbent will need to present a professional image to physicians, employees, Corporate and Board members, patients, and the public. The incumbent will need to be flexible, have excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work with all levels of internal management as well as the ability to make decisions, prioritize, and work under stress. This position is highly visible and will need to reflect the mission, vision and values of the Administration and Primary Children's Hospital.
- Calendaring and Meetings: Coordinates appointments and calendar requests for CNO, CEO, Director of Strategic Planning, and occasionally for other Administrative Council members as needed.
- Managing meeting preparation and minutes: a) Prepares notices, agendas, and handouts for meetings b) Plans food service and logistics for meetings c) Serves as recording secretary for meetings chaired by the CNO. Ensures the accuracy of the transcription of minutes.
- Managing correspondence: Prepares and develops correspondence with patients, employees, management, physicians, and other individuals as required.
- Office Management: a) Manages incoming and outgoing mail b) Orders and manages office supplies c) Responsible to organize and maintain filing system d) Coordinate travel arrangements e) Reconcile expenses
- Customer Service: a) Answers and screens incoming calls and provides backup telephone coverage as needed b) Demonstrates professional judgment, tact and flexibility in interacting with patients and families, the public, Medical Staff, Board of Trustees and employees regarding feedback and complaints, re-directing issues to managers, Patient Relations' staff, Public Relations and administrators as appropriate c) Maintains current knowledge of health care and community issues along with understanding of Intermountain facilities and services d) Provides support for hospital committees as needed e) Oversees "Dear Katy" feedback process.
- Project Management: a) Coordinates planning and monitors projects and priorities b) Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Assists in presentation preparation; Creates/Prepares Power Point presentations, research, handouts, binders, etc.
- Takes the initiative to improve the efficiency of the office and services provided.
Entry Rate: $20.40 + (Based on Experience)
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Additional Details: This is a Full Time, 40 hour a week Executive Assistant position located at Primary Children's Hospital supporting the members of our executive team.
- Four years of experience using advanced computer skills. Examples are complex formatting, mail merge, formulas, creating charts and graphs, data manipulation, creating and running reports, creating presentations, and using multimedia content. Expert computer user with experience trouble shooting and teaching others.
- Four years of experience in an office setting or working in a clerical position with customer service, keyboarding, and data entry responsibilities.
- Two years of experience with leadership responsibilities. Examples include providing training to others on their job duties, coordinating the work of others, coordinating projects, acting as a team lead, and directly supervising others.
- Three years of experience supporting senior leadership or high-level directors or multiple managers.
- Demonstrated interpersonal verbal and written communication skills including being proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and other English language skills.
- Hearing/listening, manual dexterity, seeing, speaking
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of administrative secretarial experience
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm
- Must have computer skills and be an expert in Microsoft Word, Outlook and have the ability to learn other programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent follow-through
- Able to meet deadlines
- Ability to deal with confidential information
- Able to work well without direct supervision
All positions subject to close without notice
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Expertise Clerical / Secretarial / Business Office Support
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City