Intermountain Healthcare Food Service Specialist -Cafeteria Worker in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The role of a Food Service Specialist is to provide extraordinary service to patients, their families and staff by providing a clean and sanitary environment for the preparation and delivery of food. They are responsible for obtaining food and supplies from the storeroom, cleaning and restocking supplies during down times, operating dishwashing machines, cleaning floors, delivering food carts to patient floors and assisting the food and nutrition services with other duties as assigned.
The Food Service Specialist can truly make a difference by giving friendly, caring, courteous and professional service to every customer. Through their commitment to excellence and dedication, they ensure our healing commitments are met.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Obtains food and/or supplies from storeroom.
- 2. Delivers and presents trays to patients using patient identifier process.
- 3. Stocks and cleans.
- 4. Independently resolves customer service issues.
- 5. Performs accurate cash/credit transactions according to corporate standards.
- 6. Balances and reconciles drawer.
- 7. Knows menu, portion, and price prior to meal service to provide appropriate service to customers, including answering questions and serving food.
- 8. Sets up and services catered functions according to requested level and scope of service.
- 9. Performs food preparation functions (following standard recipe, assembling ingredients), for example, prepares salads, sandwiches, vegetables, and fruit.
- 10. Understands modified diets and prepares modified recipes using appropriate techniques.
- 11. Maintains an organized and sanitary working environment.
- 12. Maintains proper quantities of production with appropriate rotation of product.
- 13. Performs housekeeping functions including cleaning and sanitizing surfaces, floor care, and equipment (oven, fryer, hoods).
- 14. Follows HACCP standards.
- Entry Rate: $11.31
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time - Variable shifts with some weekends and holidays.
- Department: Food and Nutrition - Primary Children's Hospital
- Food Handler's Permit (as required by the County).
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to handle problems and difficult situations.
- Demonstrated basic math skills.
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator, and tolerate exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- One year of food service or cashier experience.
- Hospital food service experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Expertise Food and Nutrition
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City