Intermountain Healthcare Mothers Milk Tech - Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Mother's Milk Technicians will greet mothers as they drop off and pick up their stored expressed human milk prior to discharge according to hospital policy. They will also prepare and deliver mother's human milk and/or pasteurized donor human milk to hospitalized infants following aseptic technic.
Essential Job Duties
- Communicates with mothers who are dropping off, storing, and/or picking up expressed human milk to ensure proper labeling and storing of expressed human milk.
- Communicates with nurses, lactation consultants, formula technicians, co-workers and parents to receive and clarify daily diet orders and ensures accurate preparation and labeling of human milk feedings.
- Safely and accurately prepares and delivers properly labeled human milk feedings to hospitalized patients within regulatory guidelines utilizing specialized equipment such as: gram scale and centrifuge.
- Completes necessary paperwork for accurate quantities of expressed human milk and fortifiers to be used for preparation, billing and tracking.
- Maintain daily inventory of expressed human milk and needed supplies. Places inventory orders to maintain adequate PAR levels of fortifiers and supplies. Puts away orders when received, rotates inventory and disposes of expired inventory.
- Cleans and sanitizes work area and equipment using approved technique.
- May cross train for coverage of Infant Formulary team.
- Entry Rate: $12.29
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN (as needed) - Monday-Friday with some weekends and holidays (8 hour shift 9:30am start)
- Department: Mother's Milk Department - Primary Children's Hospital
- Food Handler's permit.
- Demonstrated proficient math skills with focus on attention to detail and accuracy of output.
- Basic computer operation, keyboard proficiency and demonstrated ability to utilize common computer software applications to perform work processes.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Demonstrated effective clinical customer service experience.
- CNA experience
- Med-Tech experience
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type On-Call / PRN
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City