Intermountain Healthcare Occupational Therapist, Acute Therapy/Adults in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Join the Acute Care team at Intermountain Medical Center. An experienced Occupational Therapist (OT) is a licensed valued team member who coordinates with other health care professionals by striving to provide Intermountain Healthcare’s healing commitment to produce the best possible outcomes for patients.
An OTR is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care of patients. The OTR utilizes technology, therapeutic intervention, and coordinates care with other dedicated health team members.
Intermountain Medical Center has become recognized as one of the finest hospitals in the country. The inpatient rehabilitation team provides care to various units, including the ICU, Cardiac, Neuro, and Ortho, located within the level I trauma center. Physicians and nurses are available 24 hours a day if needed and medical specialists consult on the rehabilitation patients as appropriate.
Entry Rate: $32.30, salary commensurate with experience
Benefits Eligible: No
Shift Details: PRN position, hours may fluctuate each week from 0 to 40 hours as there are no guaranteed shifts for this on-call/PRN position.Need availability to cover vacation time, sick calls, and high census.Shifts include Monday through Sunday, including weekends and holidays. Shifts will be days between 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Department: Acute Therapy at Intermountain Medical Center
- A degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program.Intermountain verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment.
- Current Occupational Therapy license for practicing state or license eligible
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
- This position requires ability to position and transfer patients independently and safely
- Hearing/listening, Seeing, Speaking,Manual Dexterity,Pulling/Pushing,Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking, Sitting
- A certified Occupational Therapist through the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
- Experience in inpatient/acute setting
- Professional experience or fieldwork in outpatient setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills including word processing and email
All positions subject to close without notice All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Job Type On-Call / PRN
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City