Intermountain Healthcare Patient Account Services Regional/Enterprise Mgr - Homecare & Hospice in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for leading regional or enterprise wide departments within Intermountain's Revenue Cycle Organization (RCO) to ensure effective day to day operations to meet overall RCO goals and objectives. Achieves operating results while maintaining a customer focus, developing staff, motivating teams, and ensuring that accounts receivable processes and procedures enhance the financial viability of the organization.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Plans, organizes and leads complex AR operations. Coordinates with RCO leadership to meet corporate goals. Coordinates with RCO leadership / departments, facility leadership, and departments to meet RCO / facility goals.
- 2. Develops and monitors reports and measurement tools to perform innovative and complex analysis of accounts receivable to detect potential areas of concern and explain variances with AR trends. Takes corrective action as required.
- 3. Provides leadership and direction to staff, removes barriers to productivity and effectiveness, provides timely recognition, and provides timely, constructive feedback to enable staff to improve technical and interpersonal skills and sets meaningful goals so as to meet or exceed customer expectations, improves accounts receivable and for those interested to prepare for greater responsibilities
- 4. Responsible for personnel functions of staffing, performance coaching, development and counseling. Conducts employee performance evaluations and works with employees and management team to provide a positive work environment with engaged staff
- 5. Works closely with the RCO Director and other RCO Managers to develop new processes and procedures that can replace old workflows in order to standardize workflow.
- 6. Implements and ensures adherence to Intermountain Healthcare and governmental policies and procedures for all RCO functions.
- 7. Prepares operational budgets for the department. Monitors and takes corrective action as required to meet budget.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Full time, exempt level position
- Location Details: This position will be located at Homecare's main office building 11520 South Redwood Rd South Jordan UT 84095.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business related field and five years PAS experience. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.,or Six years of PAS experience working with billing systems and processes, preferably in a patient services role, with knowledge of rules and regulations governing bad debt and patient collections, with two of the six years in a leadership / supervisory / decision making capacity.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail, and scheduling applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in time sensitive situations, manage multiple priorities effectively, and to make prompt, responsible decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to think independently, evaluate situations, and take appropriate action to resolve with minimum direction.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Medical terminology, admitting, medical billing, or insurance verification experience.
- Bi-lingual Spanish speaking.
- Negotiation or collection experience within the last three years, preferably with Patient Financial Services
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience with Intermountain scheduling or RCO functions.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location HCS Salt Lake City Homecare
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City