Intermountain Healthcare Pediatric RN - New Grad Residency - January 2018 - Children's Medical Unit (CMU) in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Children’s Medical Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care of patients. The Children's Medical Unit is a 28 bed inpatient unit generally treating children 2-18 yrs of age. Children treated on this unit have a broad range of diagnoses. Some of the typical diagnoses treated on this unit are Diabetes, Asthma, Cystic Fibrosis, Crohn's Disease, Eating Disorders and Renal (Kidney), diseases.
Primary Children’s Hospital offers a Residency training program for New Graduate Nurses. Ctrl + Click on link to view in a new window for additional information: http://bit.ly/2kRQxOB
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: This is a Full-time position working 36 hrs/wk. This position will work variable shifts, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Department: Children’s Medical Unit at Primary Children’s Hospital
This position will start January 2018
- Current RN License in state of practice, or license eligible at time of hire
- BLS Certification for Healthcare Providers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills.
- ** Note: RNs hired or promoted on or after July 1, 2017 who have 12 months or less of working experience as an RN will be required to sign an agreement that they will obtain their BSN degree on or before June 1, 2022. Anyone starting in this role January 2021 or after will be given three years to complete their BSN degree.
- Incumbent must be willing to commit to providing at least 12 months of full time employment as a RN with Children’s Medical post successful completion of the residency program
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited institution
- Children’s Medical or Primary Children's Hospital Capstone experience
- Primary Children's Critical Care or Patient Care Tech experience
All positions subject to close without notice
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 36
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City