Intermountain Healthcare Pediatric RN - PICU (Pediatric Intensive Care) - Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Primary Children's hospital is seeking skilled and experienced nurses who are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in Pediatric Critical Care Services. Our PICU at Primary Children's is a 28 bed unit specializing in the care of critically ill infants, children, and teenagers. We are a Level One Trauma center and provide a high level of critical care services Our CICU is a 16 bed unit, dedicated to the care of patients with congenital heart disease , heart failure, and cardiac transplant. Nurses rotate between the two units.
The Registered Nurse (RN) PICU I is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care of pediatric patients. The staff RN utilizes the nursing process by use of technology, therapeutic intervention, evidence-based practice and coordination of care with other health team members.
About Primary Children's Hospital
Primary Children's Hospital is a service of Intermountain Healthcare. Located in the foothills of Salt Lake City, Utah, Primary Children's Hospital is a 289-bed freestanding pediatric level-one trauma center with a service area covering five states - Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Nevada. Primary Children's is the pediatric teaching hospital for the University Of Utah School Of Medicine and its physicians.
Primary Children's Hospital is nationally recognized for its outstanding patient outcomes and is routinely recognized by US News and World Report as one of the best children's hospitals in the country. The hospital enjoys unparalleled community support and was named one of Utah's most enduring companies.
- Entry Rate: $ Based on Experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Variable shifts, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Department: PICU at Primary Children's Hospital
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited institution (degree will be verified).
- Current RN License in state of practice.
- BLS Certification for Healthcare Providers.
- Unit specific certification as required (i.e., ACLS, PALS, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills.
- ** Note: RNs hired or promoted on or after July 1, 2017 who have 12 months or less of working experience as an RN will be required to sign an agreement that they will obtain their BSN degree on or before June 1, 2022. Anyone starting in this role January 2021 or after will be given three years to complete their BSN degree.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Pediatric and/or PICU RN work experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 36
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City