Intermountain Healthcare Pharmacy Tech II - Part time in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Pharmacy Technician (Level II) will demonstrate consistent application of knowledge and skills in assisting the pharmacist in the execution of appropriate, safe, efficient, effective, and cost effective pharmaceutical care in the scope of their particular assignment. This position will participate in the procedural aspects of pharmacy practice under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, as well as being an integral part of the pharmacy team. Incumbents of this position will be expected to practice at a level of practice associated with an experienced, competent technician.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides customer service to patients, pharmacists, other technicians, and other healthcare professionals in the areas of responsibility.
- Communicates effectively with all staff regarding responsibilities and identified concerns.
- Is competent and effective in technical responsibilities assigned, and seeks appropriate training and peer feedback on routine responsibilities.
- Understands and is compliant to all state and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and guidelines related to their specific area of practice.
- Participates and supports the fiscal responsibilities of the department, facility, and Intermountain Healthcare as a whole.
- Provides delivery of medications, information, and/or service in a professional, timely manner and is actively engaged in department and team goals, activities, and projects.
- Consistently attains appropriate supervision and accuracy checks by the pharmacist(s) on staff when working, understanding that the pharmacist is the supervisor of their activities.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, and constantly seeks a team approach to developing and achieving best practices and processes.
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: This position will be one 10 hour shift per week with occasional weekends and holidays.
- Department:Intermountain Sandy Clinic Pharmacy, located at 9500 1300 E, Sandy, UT 84094. (Located on the Alta View Hospital Campus).
- Additional Details:May have the opportunity to float to other Intermountain Community Pharmacies.
- Current Utah technician license to practice as a pharmacy technician.
- Current knowledge of state and federal regulations and statutes regarding the practice of pharmacy and the distribution of approved drugs, controlled substances, and investigational agents.
- Carrying, hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Retail pharmacy technician experience.
- Word processing skills.
- Working knowledge of McKesson Enterprise RX.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 10
Primary Work Location Alta View Hospital
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-Sandy, US-UT-Salt Lake City