Intermountain Healthcare Software Engineer-Staff in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Software Engineer works effectively across the entire software development life cycle. This includes requirements definition, prototyping, detailed design, coding, testing, deployment, and support of the day-to-day operation of production systems. The Software Engineer is expected to collaborate with technical staff, management, and business operations staff throughout all phases of the software development life cycle in order to deliver working solutions to complex business problems according to agreed upon timelines and budgets to support the mission, vision, and values of Intermountain Healthcare. The staff role is a journey-level professional in most aspects of software programming and development. Abilities encompass a broad knowledge within the software development domain. Typically implements designs developed by others, adhering to enterprise standards and best practices. Functions independently and produces results that meet standards of quality, timeliness, and acceptability with minimal supervision and general direction. Works as a team player, providing ideas and support to peers and the development team leadership.
Essential Job Duties
1. Codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs, and enhances existing programs to ensure that production systems continue to meet user needs.
2. Coordinates interface with user management regarding project status, direction and user needs to promote an environment of user cooperation and satisfaction.
3. Coordinates with the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
4. Identifies and resolves system operating problems in order to provide business continuity.
5. Contributes to the development of high level system architecture documents and detailed design specifications to serve as a guide for system/application development.
6. Provides estimates for work required to be completed based on user requirements.
7. Maintains basic understanding of industry application development best practices, tools, programming languages and techniques. Keeps current with new developments in the information technology industry and may contribute to the development and implementation of organizational and departmental standards and methodologies.
8. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Is aware of a variety of software engineering concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: full time, exempt
- Department: EX Communications
- Office location: Central Offices - Salt Lake City, Utah
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, programming, or other technical field. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.OR Four years of equivalent technical experience.
- Three years of professional software development experience.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.2
- Operate computers and other IT equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- ASP .NET MVC
- Razor Syntax
- Responsive Web Design
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Adept at conducting research into software-related issues and products.
- Able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Nice to Have
- Front End Developer (UX)
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Central Offices
Expertise Information Technology
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City