Intermountain Healthcare Student Placement Coordinator in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position develops and coordinates student programs and activities at assigned facilities in collaboration with our education partners.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Develops, coordinates, and evaluates student rotations, internships, job shadow experiences, and other one-on-one placement of students and licensed professionals with qualified employees.
- 2. Maintains collaborative relationships with high schools, universities, community colleges, government agencies, and private training programs by establishing a working knowledge of programs offered and communicating Intermountain Healthcare policies & procedures. Consults with education partners regarding curriculum objectives and industry training needs. Presents at local conferences or meetings as required.
- 3. Partners with managers in working with university and high school placement coordinators regarding student issues, including policies and procedures, communications and student training opportunities.
- 4. Collaborates with units and departments to determine ability to provide training and coordinate student placements/programs, groups and activities to meet student and unit/department needs. Acts as a liaison between hospital leadership, clinical educators, and clinical faculty to maintain communication, support, and dissemination of information between all groups through regularly scheduled meetings, and appropriate information sharing channels.
- 5. Implements student and clinical instructor policies and procedures by working with Human Resources, Risk Management, Pediatric Education Services, Legal, and other departments within assigned facilities.
- 6. Creates, reviews, and executes student-related and licensed professional agreements in accordance to established Education, Human Resources, Risk Management, and Intermountain Legal guidelines and policies.
- 7. Coordinates completion of requirements (JCAHO, OSHA, Utah licensing, federal and state laws, and Intermountain policies) upon placement in a training program, including employee health testing, orientation, mandatory education booklet, compliance, confidentiality, etc.
- 8. Schedules rooms and participates in student orientation. Attends or participates in student events, presentations, and post-conferences as needed. Creates student logons and provides information and trouble-shooting regarding all student system access issues.
- 9. Evaluates program for the quality of students being placed and the quality of the clinical experience provided.
- 10. Develops or assists in developing student activities including summer health camps, recruiting events, site visits, Internet website and student correspondence.
- 11. Acts as ambassador for Intermountain through interaction with schools, students, state agencies and organizations. Develops student outreach activities including recruiting events, site visits, internet web-site, health fairs and student correspondence as needed, in collaboration with Human Resources and/or other departments.
- Entry Rate: $21.16
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, Education, Health Care Administration, Public Relations, Organizational Behavior or related field from an accredited institution. Education to be verified.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and complete projects in a timely manner with a high degree of autonomy, organization and adaptability.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications, negotiation, and PR skills.
- Demonstrated good computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with a close attention to detail.
- Hearing/Listening, Speaking
- Experience in health care.
- Experience in human resources.
- Three years experience in student placement programs.
- Experience in HRIS systems, especially Oracle or Taleo.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Employee Services
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City