Intermountain Healthcare Distribution Specialist I- Salt Lake City in South Jordan, Utah
Greater Provo area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for the materials handling related to stores and distribution and the inventorying of supply areas to ensure that the correct products and supplies are delivered in a timely and effective manner.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Performs inventory control on stock and non-stock items (sets par levels, identifies and adjusts to trends) for assigned units. Keeps supplies binned and organized. Acts as liaison with Materials Management.
- 2. Accountable for all the ordering and delivering of supplies for nursing units within the hospital, using laptop computer / PDA, on-line ordering, or requisition. Collects proper signatures on all required documentation.
- 3. Processes all applicable documents (freight bill, bill of lading, packing slips, and any other document relevant to receiving or shipping) according to Intermountain policy and procedure to ensure prompt and correct computer input and filling.
- 4. Communicates information concerning supply levels, new products, standardization and implementation to the relevant department staff. Trouble shoots issues for problem resolution.
- 5. Restocks supplies in identified storage locations. Must consider shelf life (product rotation), the configuration and maintenance of par cart areas. Storage of supplies must meet within healthcare requirements. Ensures that all temperature sensitive products are stored appropriately and delivered according to manufacturer / facility policy. Access to all inventory areas to maintain and complete daily replenishment and inventory duties. Must comply with the established storage and control requirements in the facility for USP labeled products.
- 6. Monitors quantity on hand issues reconciling and solving the discrepancies.
- 7. Coordinates the MMIS system insuring that distribution, inventory, receiving and departmental files and reports are generated and retained in accordance with Auditing, Accounting, and other regulatory agencies.
- 8. Measures and assesses MMIS processes for assigned dept and/or facility for compliance to policy and standard operating procedures.
- 9. Researches and resolves MMIS related problems for assigned facilities and teams and coordinates with Central Supply Chain IT team as needed
- 10. Reviews MMIS day-end and month-end reports for assigned locations.
- 11. Assists with annual and cycle count inventory process of storeroom. May also assist with storeroom security.
- 12. Understands and applies appropriate procedures/instructions and stays consistent with standardized processes.
- Entry Rate: $12.68
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: M-F 2:30 PM -8:30 PM
- At least 18 years of age.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and speak English clearly, follow verbal and written instructions, and understand customer communications.
- Experience using basic word processing, spreadsheet, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a role requiring strong attention to detail, accuracy and dependability.
- Demonstrated ability to visually inspect boxes, packing slips, computed reports and like objects.
- Demonstrated ability to use a pallet jack and other materials handling equipment, e.g. hand truck, carts, etc.
- Some roles may require a current food handler's permit.
- Speaking, hearing / listening, seeing, manual dexterity, climbing, lifting, walking, standing, pulling/pushing, carrying
- Experience in a role working with healthcare supplies.
- One year of health care related distribution experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 25
Primary Work Location HCS Salt Lake City Homecare
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-South Jordan