Intermountain Healthcare PBX Operator - Homecare & Hospice in South Jordan, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position directs internal and external calls, focusing on quality, customer service, correct evaluation of calls, and providing correct information and/or connecting caller with proper party. Connects callers seeking medical information or attention with on-call physicians. Facilitates the overall flow of communication with hospital resources and employees.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Answers internal and external calls with proper telephone etiquette. Communicates well both verbally and in written form. Provides information to callers in a helpful and courteous manner following HIPAA and Confidentiality Policies and guidelines, processing calls to proper location promptly.
- 2. Maintains an excellent working knowledge of the PBX telephone system, AMCOM, and all paging protocols and proprietary software programs.
- 3. Instructs callers to use long distance authorization code where applicable and assists others in making long distance calls, and conference calls when necessary and appropriate.
- 4. Follows processes and guidelines for overhead paging, while maintaining confidentiality at all times and communicating in a professional manner.
- 5. Responds appropriately to CODE calls and emergencies. Records pertinent information on Alarm & Code databases.
- 6. Knows and follows procedures for TDD/TTY Hearing impaired phone when applicable.
- 7. Adheres to the release of information, HIPAA, and confidentiality policies and procedures. Releases information to customers or co-workers according to policy and guidelines. Does not violate HIPAA or talk about patient information with co-workers unless necessary for the care of that patient.
- 8. Customer Service oriented. Gives and receives constructive criticism. Takes control of a conversation without becoming discourteous or upset with callers.
- 9. Stays calm under pressure and makes decisions independently, while following HIPAA and Confidentiality Policies and guidelines.
- 10. While operators do not perform dispatch duties on a regular basis, they are required to know how to readily perform various dispatch functions, such as: paging emergency codes, dispatching service calls to the Security department and also the Engineering department.
- Entry Rate: $11.16 (hourly rate increases based on experience)
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Shifts 2:30PM-11:00PM Monday-Friday and will have rotating days/weekends
- Work Location: 11520 S Redwood Rd South Jordan, UT 84095
- Shift-hours flexibility.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrated excellent telephone etiquette.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, and stay organized.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer email programs and spreadsheets and word processing/reporting programs.
- Demonstrated ability to be courteous and helpful, as well as demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, including manipulating paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Experience operating complex phone systems or computer systems
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location HCS Salt Lake City Homecare
Expertise Clerical / Secretarial / Business Office Support
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City, US-UT-South Jordan