Intermountain Healthcare Genetic Counselor - Precision Genomics in St George, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Genetic counselors function in independent practice under the supervision of the physician leader to provide patient and family counseling, research, coordination of specialized care including lab data, specimen collection, retrieval of data and referrals, consultation with other patient care specialists and referring providers. Provides staff education as needed.
About Intermountain Precision Genomics
Working at the forefront of medical science and technology, Intermountain Precision Genomics , based in St George, UT, leverages the power of next-generation sequencing and state-of-the-art genomic techniques in translational research and clinical testing to enable precision medicine in cancer and other diseases.
We are a team of scientists, physicians and technicians working under visionary leadership and fueled by a passion to deliver on the promise of personalized treatments to improve patient’s lives.
We are hiring motivated individuals looking for an engaging, dynamic work environment. Ideal candidates believe they can make a difference with their talents and expertise, working collaboratively in our team to push the boundaries of medical science.
Our group is located in St. George, UT. A beautiful community nested in the red Sandstone Mountains of southern Utah. The gateway to some of the best National Parks in the country, with affordable cost of leaving, mild winters and proximity to Las Vegas.
Essential Job Duties
- Utilizes specific detailed knowledge of genetics and acts as a consultant with applicable patient care specialists, and referring care providers in providing professional options for the development of a collaborative plan of care.
- Completes interview history and counsels patients referred for genetic testing, and other circumstances.
- Obtains medical records, prepares family pedigrees; utilizes medical literature in the analysis of genetic disorders related to individualized patient care.
- Provides individualized patient and family education emotional support, and counseling including analysis of options for current diagnostic testing, care and intervention, and future ramifications for self, family, or offspring.
- Maintains contact with patients while waiting for diagnostic results, when results are received, and as appropriate for support.
- Documents and records contact with patient, ancillary services, communications, and counseling by complete and appropriate documentation.
- Completes documentation to support billing requirements and completes charge sheet at each patient visit in order to facilitate timely billing.
- Coordinates and presents reviews of appropriate cases of care to peers, residents, students, and colleagues.
- Communicates clearly and directly in oral and written form to providers and patients.
- Participates in peer review by providing and receiving objective and constructive feedback with peers.
- Full time, 40 hours per week - Daytime hours
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Additional Details: 40061 Precision Medicine Administration - St George, Utah
- Master of Science degree in genetic counseling.
- Licensure for practice as a Genetic Counselor in the state of practice.
- Broad knowledge base of current developments in treating, diagnosing, and counseling in genetics.
- Ability to research and review scientific literature and publications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills.
- Hearing, Listening, Seeing, Speaking, Manual Dexterity.
- Certification by the American Board of Medical Genetics (ABMG) or the American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC).
- Prior Cancer Genetic Counseling experience
- 2 years of experience in Genetic Counseling
- Experience educating Genetic Counselors and other genetic oriented care givers
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Dixie Reg River Road
Expertise Research / Specialty Services / Education
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-St George