Intermountain Healthcare Linen Distribution Clerk in St George, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Performs general linen tasks to provide the hospital with a clean, adequate supply of linen.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Picks up and delivers linen to and from designated areas and provides additional linen services upon request.
- 2. Accounts for linen distribution according to department tracking procedures.
- 3. Understands and carries through the standard steps for cleaning.
- 4. Uses cleaning chemicals properly according to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
- 5. Understands procedures and properly disposes of infectious waste and trash.
- 6. Handles and cleans up emergency spills per department guidelines as well as to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
- 7. Maintains work and storage areas following established policy and procedures to ensure safety.
- 8. Keeps linens supplied to the units at standard levels and uses supplies appropriately and effectively.
- 9. Operates and maintains assigned equipment according to established procedures. Reports problems with equipment and facility in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Entry Rate: $10.79
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: 6:00am-2:30pm or 8:00am-4:30pm
- Department: Environmental Services
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including: read color coded labels and chemicals and ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the department
- Lifting, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 32
Primary Work Location Dixie Regional MC
Expertise Guest Services / Housekeeping
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-St George