Intermountain Healthcare Security Supervisor I in St George, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Provides supervisory direction to the security officers and is responsible for day to day operations of the Security Department by ensuring safety and security for the assigned campus.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Ensures the site is patrolled and reports are filed completely, accurately, and timely.
- 2. Coordinates with regional Regulatory Compliance Officer to ensure that alarm tests are done quarterly, fire drills, lighting reports, safety surveys are done monthly, and appropriate records kept.
- 3. Coordinates with regional Security Systems Engineer to ensure that camera systems, card access systems, and security alarm systems are tested quarterly and functioning properly.
- 4. Ensures all department equipment including fire sprinklers, alarm systems, smoke alarms, and extinguishers are maintained and inspected on a regular basis. Responsible to train staff and ensure compliance.
- 5. As often the first line of contact with the public, employees, vendors, media, and law enforcement agencies, appropriately responds and interacts with everyone in maintaining a comfortable and safe environment. Coordinates with department managers to help solve problems and keep the site safe and secure.
- 6. Ensures written communication, reports and memos are informative, complete, and properly worded. Audits staff communications and reports to ensure quality, and directs others to the completion of routine and specially assigned tasks on schedule.
- 7. Assists Director in hiring, coaching, evaluating, and assessing staff satisfaction and needs, and ensures adequate coverage through appropriate scheduling of staff. Ensures officers are properly trained and certified for their job requirements and records kept on certification and in service training. May also assist in planning and management of budget.
- Entry Rate: $16.85
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time/40 hours per week
- Department: Security
- Additional Details: Must be able to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Have and maintain a Utah Driver's License.
- Three years security experience with applied knowledge of hospital security policies and procedures.
- Able to work flexible schedule including extra shifts and on-call.
- Carrying, Hearing / listening, Manual Dexterity, Pulling / pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Walking
- Certified with the International Association of Health Care Safety and Security.
- 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Law Enforcement Background
- Associates Degree (degree must be from an accredited institution and will be verified)
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Dixie Reg River Road
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-St George