Intermountain Healthcare Behavioral Health Specialist - Primary Children's Wasatch Canyons Campus in Taylorsville, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Behavioral Health Specialist provides efficient and therapeutically effective care of the assigned specialty age group, through a coordinated, multi-disciplinary treatment team program. Incumbents plan and teach educational activities that promote quality care and support treatment goals and are responsible for orienting, educating and assisting patients in the process of their stabilization.
Essential Job Duties
Leads or co-leads educational groups - including goal setting groups, family education groups, reflections groups and skills groups.
Interviews patients within a collaborative-therapeutic framework and is competent to create therapeutic personal experiences with patients to enhance the generalization of their coping skills throughout the day and across environments.
Plan and teach various skill building groups and activities to achieve treatment goals.
Communicate pertinent patient information in shift report and to the treatment team using effective communication and organization skills to ensure consistent care among staff.
Implement individual patient programs using knowledge of behavioral interventions (including level system, time out and seclusion) and specialized programs to provide consistent patient care.
Complete timely and accurate documentation on all patient care forms.Recognize critical situations and identify options to manage crisis using sound judgment and problem solving skills to prevent escalation of the situation or injury to client/staff.
Educate patients and families on treatment issues and behavioral interventions using knowledge of behavioral health treatment and program to ensure patients/family receive all pertinent information to improve outcomes.
- Entry Rate: $14.34 + (Based on Experience)
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: All shifts including 12 and 8 hour day and nights.
- Department: Psychiatry
- Additional Details: We have a Full Time - 36 hour a week Behavioral Health Specialist position location at Primary Children's Wasatch Canyons Campus in Taylorsville
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Pediatric based Behavioral Health Specialists at Primary Children's are also required to possess a Food Handlers Permit.
- Two years post high school education in social work, psychology, sociology, family studies, or a health sciences field.or Two years of experience working as a CNA or EMT.or Bachelors Degree with six months of experience working with psychiatric or chemically dependent patients.or Two years of experience working with psychiatric or chemically dependent patients.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to communicate on a professional level.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, sociology or family studies.
- 6 months of prior experience working with psychiatric and/or chemically dependent patients.
- 6 months of prior experience working in a pediatric behavioral healthcare setting.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 36
Primary Work Location Wasatch Canyons Camp
Expertise Family Services / Mental Health
Job Type Full Time