Intermountain Healthcare Data Center Technician-Associate in West Valley City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Data Center Technician is responsible for the high availability and resiliency of the infrastructure within the data center boundary. Job duties consist of data center infrastructure implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting and incident response. Areas of responsibilities comprise of electrical, environmental, access and surveillance, monitoring, cable management and fire systems. Additionally, the technician provides operational & engineering support to various stakeholders of the data center boundary, including, systems, storage, network, and telecommunications. Basic familiarity and minimal experience with data center operations and technology. Works on small, defined elements of large projects. Incumbent's ability encompasses a subset of the total knowledge required within the data center specialty area, and incumbent is in process of developing remaining skills. Requires additional support and/or training to become fully proficient. Work normally overseen by higher level technical contributors.
Essential Job Duties
1. Supports, maintains and monitors the data center boundary, including power, cooling, fire suppression and the cable plant.
2. Provides incident response within the data center boundary as needed.
3. Actively documents and follows formal standard operating procedures (SOP) for data center operations.
4. Supports installs and moves of IT equipment within the data center boundary.
5. Installs, tests and troubleshoots data center infrastructure cabling.
6. Handles data tape management on a day-to-day basis.
7. Participates on projects and programs throughout the data center boundary.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full time - non-exempt
- Department: Data Center
- Office location: Lake Park - West Valley City, Utah
- Additional Shift Details: Monday & Tuesday 3:00PM to 11:00PM and Saturday & Sunday 7:00AM to 7:00PM
- One year of network experience, or any combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Associate's degree in a computer-related field. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified. or Two years of technical work experience.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of electricity, HVAC, UPSs, KVM, cabling infrastructure, and fire suppression.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of data and telephony demarcation.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience.
- Demonstrated strong verbal/written communications skills, interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a dynamic team environment.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, and identify volume, tone, and quality of telecom signals.
- Support the weight of IT equipment while transporting it. Push or pull portable equipment, including heavy items.
- Ascend and descend stairs or ladders to service IT equipment needs.
- Move around on hands and knees. Lower body by bending at the hips and the knees or to place body weight on one or both knees
- Raise or lower an object from one level to another.
- Operate IT equipment, tools, and computers requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Transport oneself from place to place.
- IT certification or credentials.
- Certifications in various data center technologies.
- Bachelor degree or four years of experience in a technology related field.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Lake Park Campus
Expertise Information Technology
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City, US-UT-West Valley City