Intermountain Healthcare General Laundry Worker - Woods Cross - F/T in Woods Cross, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
TheGeneral Laundry Workerplays a vital role at the Intermountain HealthcareLaundry.This important role helps to insure that the safety, cleanliness and sterilization occur on linens used for patients at Intermountain Healthcare hospitals as well as other hospitals in Utah. Must be willing to do jobs both on the production floor and in the sorting room.
This position is accountable for sorting soiled linen into predetermined categories for the proper washclassification, may be responsible to feed pieces of linen into a machine at an established rate, may be responsible to hand fold and count individual linen items.
Are you looking for full-time, long term, reliable employment where you can use your manufacturing experience to work as a team performing repetitive tasks focused on speed and accuracy? Then we are looking for you!
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Under the direction of the designated Lead Person or the Production Supervisor, responsible for sorting all incoming soiled linen into predetermined linen categories.
- 2. Responsible for complying with all health safety rules to minimize exposure (masks, impervious protective clothing and gloves).
- 3. Responsible for washing hands before entering the clean area of the laundry.
- Entry Rate: $11.31
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: 40 hrs; Employees are scheduled 6 days per week and overtime may be required. Monday-Friday: 6:00 am - approx. 3:00 pm; Saturday: 6:00 am to 12:30 pm.
- Department: Central Laundry
- Work Location: 1180 West 2600 South, Woods Cross, Utah
- Demonstrated ability to perform tasks requiring manual and physical labor
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate mutual respect to others
- Must have the mobility to move and lift various weights and objects from floor to overhead repeatedly
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 50 lbs intermittently during an 8 hour shift
- Bend, push, pull, lift, twist, stand for long periods of time
- Must be willing and able to work in a variety of settings in cooperation with other employees
- Must be able to understandand follow work instructions, as well as procedures either in English or with the help of an interpreter.
- Must be willing to comply with all health safety rules of department
- Must be willing to sort soiled linen from the hospital that contain bodily fluids
- Must be able to work on an assembly type line and a quota driven production setting.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Central Laundry
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Woods Cross