Intermountain Healthcare EVS Tech in American Fork, Utah
Greater Provo area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for performing general housekeeping tasks to maintain the facility and associated buildings in a sanitary, safe and attractive condition and to meet hospital and Joint Commission standards.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Cleans and disinfects assigned areas using department cleaning procedures.
- 2. Uses cleaning chemicals properly according to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
- 3. Understands procedures and properly disposes of infectious waste and trash.
- 4. Handles and cleans up emergency spills per department guidelines as well as to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
- 5. Operates and maintains assigned equipment according to established procedures.
- 6. Maintains work and storage areas following established policy and procedures to ensure safety.
- 7. Uses supplies appropriately and effectively.
- 8. Reports problems with equipment and facility in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Entry Rate: $11.65 per hour, or more depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN/On-Call, 0-40 hours/week. Schedule varies based on the needs of the department.
- Department: Environmental Services, American Fork Hospital
- Additional Details: This is a temporary position and does not accrue PTO, if moved into a non-temporary role, PRN accruals will be granted back to the original start date.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including: read color coded labels and chemicals and ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the department
- Carrying, Lifting, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking
- Professional housekeeping experience
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location American Fork Hosp
Expertise Guest Services / Housekeeping
Job Type Temporary
Location US-UT-American Fork