Intermountain Healthcare Transporter- 7 On 7 Off- American Fork Hospital in American Fork, Utah
Greater Provo area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for transporting of patients, focusing on quality, safety, and customer service, while providing care and compassion to patients, families, visitors and staff.
Essential Job Duties
- Transports inpatients in a safe and efficient manner.
- Uses appropriate and approved transport pathways to ensure confidentiality. Uses appropriate method of travel and equipment as directed.
- Uses Safe Patient Handling equipment as indicated
- Uses isolation precautions and/or standard precautions appropriately.
- Places soiled linen in designated areas.
- Dresses carts and wheelchairs with linen per procedure.
- Cleans transport equipment before and after every single patient and returns to appropriate storage areas.
- Responds to Code Disaster, Code Green, Code Pink, Code Red, and Code Yellow when required. Knows location of fire extinguishers and fire pull boxes.
- Always notifies patient nurse when taking or returning patient to/from room and notifies test site staff when patient arrives for test.
- Utilizes written Patient Handoff Form and ensures that handoff form is filled out prior to initiating transport and signs and turns in form immediately after completion of transport.
- Writes test location on whiteboard in patient room when leaving with patient.
- Notifies patient nurse or test site staff of any problems that occurred during transport concerning patient condition or safety.
- Responds to pager or other communication device such as Vocera badges in a timely and effective manner.
- Communicates openly with operators and with other staff members.
- Informs test sites and operators of any delays and clears transports when completed.
- Communicates with test sites if transport will be delayed.
- Entry Rate: $10.86+
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: This is a Full Time 7 On 7 Off position working a 2pm-12:30am shift. 7 on 7 off is defined as a work schedule working 7 days in a row, 10 hour shifts, followed by 7 days off.
- Department: American Fork Hospital- Patient Transport
- BLS Certification for Healthcare Providers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age if working in Radiology areas (per Intermountain's Employment of Minors Policy).
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Pushing/Pulling, Seeing, Speaking, Walking, Standing.
- Previous experience working in a hospital environment.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 35
Primary Work Location American Fork Hosp
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-American Fork