Intermountain Healthcare Medical Assistant, MA Bountiful Clinic in Bountiful, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
A Medical Assistant II performs routine clerical and clinical tasks within the clinic, assisting Physicians and other licensed providers to provide quality patient care efficiently and cost effectively.
Essential Job Duties
Performs basic clerical and office duties, including:
- Assembles necessary documents and supplies.
- Effectively uses computer applications as needed in the office setting.
- Schedules, coordinates and monitors appointments, inpatient/outpatient admissions, tests and treatments/procedures.
- Maintains medical records and other information.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, ordering and restocking as needed to ensure availability for patient care.
- Accurately documents patient history, physical and vital information into the medical record.
Performs business and financial duties including:
- Under the direction of the provider, assigns procedural and diagnostic coding to encounter forms.
- Conducts pre-authorizations, referrals, etc in accordance with third party insurer requirements.
- Facilitates timely billing by completing the necessary documentation
Performs clinical functions within acceptable standards of care including:
- Prioritizes (triage) patient needs, identified through phone, electronic and walk-in communication, in accordance with established guidelines, standing orders, and protocols.
- Recognizes and appropriately responds to emergency situations.
- Prepares and maintain examination and treatment areas.
- Performs complete intake process as specified by physician or other providers (chief complaint, history, vital signs, height, weight, OFC, care process model data, etc.).
- Administers screening tests to patients (i.e. visual tests, audiology, spirometry, EKGs, etc.) within practice type.
- Assists provider with examinations, procedures, treatments and interventions.
- Provides patient education as directed (content reflects specific MA training, guidelines, care process models, protocols).
- Reports significant changes in patient condition or other pertinent patient information to the Physician.
- Following provider instructions, demonstrates accurate, timely and efficient follow through with pharmacy refills, scheduling out of clinic procedures, obtaining, reporting and tracking of lab results, leaving phone messages and distributing faxes.
Actively participates in quality improvement initiatives (i.e. CQI, TQM, Lean, 100% participation, etc.).
- Entry Rate: $14.77
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-Time, 40 Hours
- Additional Details: Bountiful Clinic
- Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- 3 years of LPN or RN experience, successful completion of an accredited LPN or RN program, and a current LPN or RN license.or Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program or one with which Intermountain Healthcare has a valid affiliation agreement, oror 3 years of Medical Assistant experience in an outpatient clinic or other healthcare setting,
- Satisfactorily completes applicable competency assessments/skills checklists within 90 days of hire/transfer into Medical Assistant job.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Current national MA certification from one of the following national MA certifications/registrations: Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) of AMT, National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA), Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA), or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) of the AAMA.
- Experience in an outpatient clinic or other healthcare setting.
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant internship.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Salt Lake Clinic
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Full Time