Intermountain Healthcare Engineering Manager - Cassia Regional Hospital in Burley, Idaho
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Support Services Mgr position has the overall accountability for budgeted revenue, expenses, and total FTE�s and other applicable dimensional information as assigned in the following areas: Engineering, Safety, Security, Construction, Plant Maintenance, and Environmental Services.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Oversees overall delivery/quality of services performed in the departments reporting directly to the incumbent. Performs regular interviews with all supervisors to monitor progress of CQI initiatives and operations. Responsible for identifying and addressing best practice opportunities.
- 2. Ensures services conform to all standards outlined by Joint Commission.
- 3. Responsible for quality of services and for developing quality reports for each service.
- 4. Oversees department activities to assure optimal efficient operations within budget limitations. Tracks and analyzes operational budgets and makes recommendations to department heads to promote and generate cost containment and revenue generating efforts. Prepares and administers budgets, which includes operating, revenue and capital expenses. Reviews monthly variance reports submitted by departments and obtains clarification about areas of concern and provides feedback as appropriate. Assures departments favorably benchmark with national and regional trends.
- 5. With other Cassia colleagues, develops and implements strategic business plans, identifies new technologies and services for the hospital. Works collaboratively with all other clinical directors and medical directors in the development of the strategic direction of clinical services for Cassia Regional and in the development of programs that cross service line boundaries.
- 6. Accountable for effective management of HR issues and developmental needs of staff. Including performance reviews, constructive disciplines, hiring decisions, etc. Responsible for competency and skills (technical and behavioral) of all managers and employees within the incumbent's accountability, including setting educational goals and learning opportunities. Performs yearly evaluations in a timely, fair and effective manner ensuring that all associates are performing competently. Provides good feedback to the employee. Assures direct reports receive regular communication and information on hospital activities and programs, and information key to each department is regularly communicated and supported. Provides mentoring, coaching, role modeling and instruction to subordinates and students.
- 7. Delegates effectively, ensuring responsibility is consistent with authority and delegated assignments reflect team leaders' skills and roles. Provides instruction, coaching, information and resources to team leaders to increase their overall competence and prepare them for future assignments.
- 8. Accountable for regulatory compliance, knows and understands the regulations mandated by federal, state and accrediting agencies within each department. Understands how the regulations impact the day-to-day operations of the departments. Chairs and insures operation and development of Cassia Regional Safety Committee and Environment of Care.
- 9. Understands how each department charges for services they provide, and the process used for charging for services complies with all rules and regulations.
- Entry Rate: $29.76 and up, depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Monday thru Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm
- Department: Plant Operation
- Five years of leadership experience, or Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and two years of leadership experience. Education is verified.
- Demonstrated familiarity with boilers, heating and air conditioning systems, refrigeration systems, electrical distribution and control systems, fire safety, and grounds maintenance.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Carrying, Climbing, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking.
- Hospital management experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Cassia Regional Hospital
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Full Time