Intermountain Healthcare Athletic Trainer-Intern at SUU, Cedar City Utah in Cedar City, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This is an exciting opportunity for a certified Athletic Trainer hoping to grow their skills in a collegiate setting. This Athletic Trainer-Intern position will with the athletes at Southern Utah University on a temporary full time basis. This position is expected to last two years in length, however we currently only request that you be available July 2018 through April 2019.
The primary assignment of the Athletic Trainer-Intern is to support the medical needs of athletes at Southern Utah University, while promoting the Intermountain Sports Medicine programs. Under the supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer, this position will provide medical coverage both "on-the-field" and in the training room for injured athletes during practices and events. Such duties may also extend to assist area high schools, community sporting events, and regional sporting camps/activities.
Essential Job Duties
- Administers treatment and rehabilitation programs under the direction and/or supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer and/or the Team Physician
- Attends practices and competitions for intercollegiate sports as assigned
- Attends sports camps, clinics, leagues, tournaments, and other events and activities as assigned
- Travels with university athletics teams as assigned
- Maintains all injury records, progress reports, insurance information, etc., in conjunction with student-athletes? injuries and treatments
- Applies protective devices and equipment as needed
- Coordinates all preventative and rehabilitative treatments under the direction and/or supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer and the Team Physician
- Performs special and/or additional duties as required and assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer or Team Physician.
- Entry Rate: $11.38
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: Temporary/ Full Time/Exempt
- Department: Athletic Training-Outreach (Internship with SUU)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution (degree will be verified).
- Athletic trainer license in state of practice.
- National athletic trainer certification.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated effectiveness with interpersonal relationships (i.e., athletes, school administrators, coaches, physicians, etc.).
- Hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing, sitting, speaking, squatting/kneeling, standing, and walking.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Cedar City Hospital
Job Type Temporary
Location US-UT-Cedar City