Intermountain Healthcare Environmental Services Supervisor - Heber Valley Hospital in Heber City, Utah
Park City/Heber area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Directs staff in maintaining the standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and appearance as established by the hospital in accordance with hospital and Joint Commission standards. Responsible to keep management informed on the immediate condition of all areas. Responsible to coordinate and motivate employees to ensure that assignments and designated cleaning tasks are completed in a proper and timely manner. Provides new employee orientation and supports Coordinators and Leads with training needs. The incumbent acts in the place of management as needed.
Essential Job Duties
- Coordinates scheduling and staffing. Delegates assignments to ensure the proper cleaning of hospital rooms, offices, public areas, and other areas.
- Appropriately handles and/or directs staff in the proper methods of handling atypical or emergency cleaning situations (such as broken glass, blood, and urine) to ensure sanitation and safety for patients, guests, and employees.
- Inspects employee work by conducting frequent quality control inspections to ensure a safe, clean, sanitary and attractive environment on an ongoing basis.
- Performs effective rounds as appropriate in assigned areas.
- Inspects hospital furnishings and housekeeping equipment on an ongoing basis to ensure that it is functional. Reports problems with equipment and facility in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Assists in new employee orientation and ongoing employee training - including proper cleaning techniques, appropriate use of chemicals, policy and procedures, safety, and standard precautions.
- Appropriately applies Human Resource policies and monitors employee attendance, staffing, and breaks.
- Handles basic employee counseling, evaluations, and rewards and recognition of staff. Notifies management when additional interaction is needed. Participates in interview process.
- Provides cleaning duties as needed based on staffing, patient loads, and time constraints.
- Provides backup on clerical and administrative functions.
- Entry Rate: $14.35
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details:Full-time
- Location: Heber, UT
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including: read color coded labels and chemicals and ability to follow written and verbal directions
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the department
- Must be able to function independently
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic computer proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets and email
- One year leadership experience
- Carrying, Climbing, Crawling, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking
- IEHA (International Executive Housekeeping Association) or CHESP (Certified healthcare Environmental Services) certification
- Professional housekeeping experience
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Heber Valley Hospital
Expertise Guest Services / Housekeeping
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Heber City