Intermountain Healthcare Social Worker-Certified - PRN - Heber Valley Hospital in Heber City, Utah
Park City/Heber area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Utilize clinical expertise to perform psychosocial assessment and develop/ implement a plan of care/treatment plan that provides extraordinary care for the patient while being sensitive to costs and resources. Work collaboratively with patients, patients' family/significant other, healthcare providers, insurers, community resources, and other involved parties to identify patients' needs, broker services, coordinate care and transition plans, and advocate for patients. The CSW will perform these duties under the direct supervision of an LCSW.
Essential Job Duties
- Organize and prioritize daily work by assessing new, current, and discharging patient needs in area(s) of responsibility. Complete documentation as required.
- Perform social work consultation for patients and caregivers. Conduct psychosocial assessments. Under supervision of a licensed clinical social worker, provides supportive, crisis, bereavement and other social work interventions as necessary.
- Educate, communicate, and coordinate with multiple patient care teams and outside agencies as necessary to ensure the patient receives quality care, a timely discharge, and to identify and resolve delays and issues.
- Acts as an advocate on behalf of patients and families, where appropriate, to ensure effective communication with multidisciplinary care team, outside agencies and other resources as necessary.
- May provide psychotherapeutic modalities appropriate to the level of care under the supervision of a licensed clinical social worker.
- Complete timely and accurate documentation in the medical record using knowledge of documentation standards for the department to facilitate communication with team members. Documentation is done in compliance with all clinical guidelines and billing/reimbursement standards.
- May ensure that productivity standards and expectations are met.
- Credentialing through medical staff office and peer review requirements may apply if working in the behavioral health setting.
- May provide support and debriefing under the supervision of a licensed clinical social worker, in conjunction with the Employee Assistance Program, for staff members following adverse events.
- May identify patients at risk for potential avoidable delays, extended stay, readmission, financial or complex discharge needs. Coordinate with care providers and leaders to reach optimal solutions.
- Provide support and education to patients, families and staff members on Advance Directives.
- May maintain an active role in denial prevention. Proactively intervene with payers to prevent inpatient denials. Communicate any necessary information to payers to help appeal existing denials.
- May coordinate the discharge planning process from patient admission to departure. Screen for and assess patient needs, develop a discharge plan, and coordinate with internal and external services for care during and after the hospital stay.
- Works under identified licensed clinical social worker and actively participates in required supervision through scheduled meetings, consultations, and chart reviews as indicated.
- Entry Rate: $25.00
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN. Shifts are generally from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (but may vary and are subject to change) on weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Department: Administrative Nurses (Heber Valley Hospital)
- Additional Details: The employee will work shifts at Park City Medical Center, Heber Valley Hospital, and TOSH; with the occasional possibility to work at other hospitals.
- Masters Degree in Social Work from an accredited institution (degree will be verified).
- Current State Licensure as a Certified Social Worker.
- Computer skills (email, word processing, and spreadsheets).
- Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- Experience working with in a healthcare setting.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Heber Valley Hospital
Expertise Family Services / Mental Health
Job Type On-Call / PRN
Location US-UT-Heber City