Intermountain Healthcare PRN Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) - Burley Home Care in Idaho
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Provides quality physical therapy services to patients and families in the home under the supervision of a registered physical therapist in accordance with state licensure, laws, professional standards and ethics within guidelines of agency standards, policies and procedures and coordinates care with all disciplines involved.
Essential Job Duties
Competently assists and contributes to the ongoing patient care plan:
- Implements and progresses patients within the established care plan.
- Reports observations and patient responses to the supervising therapist and other team members.
- Recommends discharge assessment in an appropriate timely manner to the supervising therapist.
- Consistently follows the established care plan.
- Provides appropriate education to patients and families.
- Coordinates timely supervisory visits with the supervising therapist in accordance with the practice act rules and regulations.
Demonstrates competent theoretical and technical skills pertinent to patient populations being served under the supervision of a registered physical therapist:
- Practices within the Scope of Practice and complies with all policies, laws, licensure, regulations and standards for care pertaining to the delivery of home care services.
- Provides timely and thorough documentation of the patient record consistent with agency standards.
- Demonstrates compliance with patient care coordination: utilization, infection control, improvement in corrective action plans, and required 80% attendance at staff and training meetings.
- Demonstrates the efficient use of resources by effectively managing time, supplies and equipment and by meeting established productivity standards.
- Entry Rate: Based on Experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: This is a PRN position with variable shifts
- Department: Burley Homecare
- Valid/current Physical Therapy Assistant License in the state of practice.
- Current driver's license, insured, reliable transportation and acceptable driving record.
- Basic Life Support certification for Healthcare Providers.
- Ability to access the Internet or a phone line transferring patient files twice a day.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Speaking, Standing, Squatting/Kneeling.
- One year Physical Therapist Assistant experience.
- Previous Homehealth experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location HCS Burley
Job Type On-Call / PRN
Location US-Idaho (ID), US-ID-Burley