Intermountain Healthcare Speech Pathologist - Burley Homecare & Hospice in Idaho
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Provides quality speech language pathology services to patients and families in the home in accordance with state licensure, laws, professional standards and ethics within guidelines of agency standards, policies and procedures, and coordinates care with all disciplines involved.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides timely and thorough documentation of the patient record consistent with agency standards.
- Practices within the Scope of Practice and complies with all policies, laws, licensure, regulations and standards for care pertaining to the delivery of home care services.
Demonstrates competent theoretical and technical skills pertinent to patient populations being served:
- Speech/Language Pathology
- Communication skills
- Feeding skills.
- Demonstrates compliance with patient care coordination: weekly and monthly chart audits as requested, utilization, infection control, improvement in corrective action plans, and attendance at staff and training meetings. When assigned, demonstrates effective primary patient care coordination with all disciplines.
Follows the patient care process:
Thoroughly identifies and evaluates functional and rehabilitative needs
- Identifies and prioritizes patient needs
- Develops and implements appropriate care plan and goals
- Adjusts and updates care plan as needed
- Appropriately coordinates patient care with other disciplines
- Provides appropriate education to patients and families
- Consistently follows the established care plan.
- Demonstrates the efficient use of resources by effectively managing time, supplies and equipment and by meeting established productivity standards.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: This is a part time 24 hour per week position.
- Valid/current Idaho Speech Language Pathology License.
- Current driver's license, insured, reliable transportation, and acceptable driving record.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Ability to access the Internet or a phone line transferring patient files twice a day.
- Effective communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing Seeing, Speaking.
- 1 year experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 24
Primary Work Location HCS Burley
Job Type Part Time
Location US-Idaho (ID)