Intermountain Healthcare Dietary Tech II (14 hrs/wk) -- Layton Hospital in Layton, Utah
Greater Ogden & North Davis area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Acts as a liaison in facilitating the nutrition care process.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Collects nutrition screening information.
- 2. Completes calorie count/nutrition analysis process.
- 3. Documents patient information as established by protocol.
- 4. Completes business functions as established by department.
- 5. Participates in department continuous quality improvement projects.
- 6. Performs functions of Bedside Connect and room service call center.
- 7. Coordinates the diet office communication.
- 8. Assists in meal selection for patients as established by protocol.
- 9. Records patient meal orders.
- 10. Provides exceptional customer service in all customer interactions.
- Entry Rate: $12.66
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: Shift times will vary along with the days (5:45 am to 2:15 pm & 2:00 pm to 9:30 pm). Will include coverage for weekends and assigned holidays.
- Department: Food & Nutrition
- Additional Details: Knowledge of diets, tray passing, good customer service.Part-time position located at the new Layton Hospital
- Food handler's permit (as required by facility).
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills and keyboarding proficiency.
- Demonstrated math skills.
- Demonstrated ability to transcribe information quickly and accurately.
- Food service or healthcare service experience.
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator and tolerate exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Food service/nutrition related coursework
- Experience in a medical setting
- One year food service experience
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 14
Primary Work Location Layton Hospital
Expertise Food and Nutrition
Job Type Part Time