Intermountain Healthcare Painter, Layton Hospital in Layton, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
An exciting opportunity to join the team at Layton Hospital. Layton Hospital is Intermountain Healthcare’s newest hospital set to open late summer 2018. The hospital will be a 43 licensed bed Community Hospital located at the Layton Parkway exit in Layton, on the west side of I-15.
The Painter maintains the facilities appearance by painting various surfaces with paint, wall coverings, and various finishes. Performs patching and wall preparation prior to applying finishes. Performs various general maintenance duties as assigned.
The Painter schedules routine maintenance and repairs of the facility as it relates to painting and wall coverings including patches and repairs all damaged areas as needed in the facility. Must be comfortable applying water base, oils, epoxy, and polymix paints. Uses brushes, rollers, and sprayers. Hangs wall paper or vinyl wall covers. Follows all safety precautions for proper ventilation, mixing, and spraying. Properly disposes of thinners, and unused products. Lays out and coordinates painting and drywall work with other trades, from start to completion, on assigned projects within scheduled time. Assists in demo, framing, or other phases of construction as needed. Work is completed according to current building codes and hospital standards.
The Painter performs corrective maintenance and repairs, including documentation, as assigned to provide a safe and pleasing environment. Work orders are completed within management defined time frames. Must maintain an up to date knowledge of policies and procedures relative to the Engineering Department (Federal, State, Local, and JCAHO) to ensure all work meets hospital standards and regulatory requirements. Attends department meetings and training as assigned. Properly prioritizes workloads and manages time effectively with minimal supervision. Responsible for accurate and timely submission of timekeeping documentation
- Entry Rate: $17.11 commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-time, day shifts. Monday through Friday
- Department: Plant Operations
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of all paint and wall covering tools and equipment.
- Demonstrated experience working without immediate supervision.
- Mechanically inclined with minimum of one year (or equivalent) of experience in comparable field.
- Experience and willingness to work in and outside all parts of hospital and in various conditions with exposure to extreme ranges of temperature and in both sterile and dirty conditions.
- Carrying, climbing, crawling, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling / pushing, seeing, squatting / kneeling, standing, walking
- Trade School completion
- Commercial painting experience in mid-size facilities
- 3 or more years of professional experience with application of wall coverings, painting and wall repair
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Layton Hospital
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Full Time