Intermountain Healthcare Plumber-Licensed in Layton, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Layton Hospital is Intermountain Healthcare’s newest hospital set to open late summer 2018. The hospital will be a 43 licensed bed Community Hospital located at the Layton Parkway exit in Layton, on the west side of I-15. The Administrative offices are currently located at the Layton Office Building.
Licensed Plumber performs plumbing duties as assigned in and around the facility including installation, repair, and maintenance of existing, new and remodeled construction. Maintains current knowledge of applicable standards, codes, and requirements. The Plumber performs preventative maintenance on assigned equipment to ensure optimum operation, efficiency and safety requirements that meet facility standards and regulatory requirements. Responsible for corrective maintenance and repairs, including documentation on assigned equipment to ensure equipment operates in a safe, effective and efficient manner. Coordinates plumbing work with other trades, from start to completion on assigned projects within scheduled time. Installs systems by reviewing prints and ordering materials according to current building codes to ensure a safe and functioning mechanical system.
This position is accountable for clear and effective communication and follow through with staff at all levels regarding issues/concerns to promote professional knowledgeable outcomes. Must prioritize workloads and manage time effectively with minimal supervision. Must use knowledge and skill to trouble shoot and analyze issues in order to propose appropriate solutions.
- Entry Rate: commensurate with experience.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-time position working approximately 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Mostly day shifts. Occasional call requirements. Must be able to respond within 30 minutes when on call.
- Department: Plant Operations
- Licensed journeyman plumber
- Four or more years journeyman experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of the installation, repair and maintenance of iron, copper, cast iron, black pipe, PVC, ABS, PolyPure fusion, acid waste and drain piping, Polypropylene, CPVC and durcon pipe and all the associated fittings and valves
- Demonstrated understanding of plumbing codes and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret blue prints
- Lifting, Climbing, Carrying, Crawling, Pulling/Pushing, Squatting/Kneeling
- Plumbing in a healthcare setting
- Commercial plumbing experience
- Steam experience in a healthcare setting
- Medical gas experience
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Layton Hospital
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Full Time