Intermountain Healthcare Child Devlpmnt Teacher (Logan Regional Hospital) in Logan, Utah
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position interacts with children and provides care and education to support their social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development and safety.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Organizes educational curriculum and daily schedules that meet the goals of the Child Development Center.
- 2. Warmly interacts with children using approved early childhood education standards and immediately attends to the physical and emotional needs of the children.
- 3. Observes and recognizes obvious difficulties individual children are having mastering developmentally appropriate activities or controlling difficult behavior, and discusses possible actions with supervisor and parents if needed.
- 4. Accurately and professionally maintains daily records as required by State licensing, including incident reports, attendance sheets, and daily record sheets.
- 5. Observes, assesses, and documents children's progress in achieving developmental milestones / activities and maintains observation notes and other portfolio information on each child's development to be shared with parents on a regular basis. Develops appropriate curriculum activities based on children's needs and progress.
- 6. Establishes a developmentally appropriate room environment that is warm, nurturing, and safe and stimulates learning and discovery.
7. Performs direct supervision of children in the classroom.
Note: Incumbents must obtain CPR, First Aid Certification and Food Handlers Permit within 60 days of hire .
- Entry Rate: $12.17
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN (no guaranteed hours, may work 0-40 hours in a week). Will help cover shifts needed by the department due to vacations, sick calls or LOAs. Hours of operation are 6am - 6pm, Monday - Friday.
- Department: Child Development Center
- Additional Details: Must be flexible to help cover shifts as needed.
- Six months experience in an early childhood program.
- Successful completion of all state required background checks.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Walking
- Certificate in Early Childhood Development or Associate degree
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Logan Regional Hosp
Expertise Research / Specialty Services / Education
Job Type On-Call / PRN