Intermountain Healthcare Police Officer (Logan Regional Hospital) in Logan, Utah
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Provides law enforcement and preservation of public peace and safety for hospital patients, guests and employees.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides a police presence in the triage area of the Emergency Department. Monitors and controls access to the Emergency Department and other areas of the hospital as appropriate.
- Prepares shift reports regarding investigative actions and functions performed while on duty.
- Provides initial security assessments and patient/visitor restraints as appropriate.
- Assists hospital staff with combative or troublesome patients.
- May assist with Trauma patients, families, Life Flight, or other emergent situations.
- Entry Rate: $19.72
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN (0-24 hours per month with no guaranteed hours. Will help cover shifts as needed by the department. Shifts are in 4 hour blocks.)
- Department: Safety and Security
- Additional Details: PRN position located at Logan Regional Hospital. Application deadline is June 23rd.
- Must be a Police Officer in good standing in the jurisdiction in which the hospital is located.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills: word processing, spreadsheet, web-based applications.
- Hearing/Listening, Standing, Walking, Speaking, Seeing, Lifting, Carrying, Manual Dexterity.
- Peace Officers Standards and Training certified (P.O.S.T.) required prior to starting
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Logan Regional Hosp
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type On-Call / PRN