Intermountain Healthcare Social Worker-SSW- Part Time- Budge Clinic Peds in Logan, Utah
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Gather psychosocial information to participate in the development and implementation of a plan of care that provides extraordinary care for the patient while being sensitive to costs and resources. Work collaboratively with patients, patients' family/significant other, healthcare providers, insurers, community resources, and other involved parties. The SSW will execute these duties under direct clinical supervision.
Essential Job Duties
- Organize and prioritize daily work by reviewing new, current, and discharging patient needs in area(s) of responsibility. Complete documentation as required.
- Gather psycho-social information for patients and caregivers.
- Educate, communicate, and coordinate with multiple patient care teams and outside agencies as necessary to ensure the patient receives quality care, a timely intake and discharge, and to identify and resolve delays and issues.
- Acts as an advocate on behalf of patients and families, where appropriate, to ensure effective communication with multidisciplinary care team, outside agencies and other resources as necessary.
- May provide initial intake, crisis intervention, and adjustment to illness counselingservices as well as appropriate referrals to treatment and/or resources.
- May identify patients at risk for potential avoidable delays, extended stay, readmission, financial or complex discharge needs. Coordinate with care providers and leaders to reach optimal solutions.
- May maintain an active role in denial prevention. Proactively intervene with payers to prevent inpatient denials. Communicate any necessary information to payers to help appeal existing denials.
- May coordinate the discharge planning process from patient admission to departure. Screen for and identify patient needs, develop a discharge plan, and coordinate with internal and external services for care during and after the hospital stay.
- Provide support and education to patients, families and staff members on Advance Directives.
- Entry Rate: $20.65
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution (degree will be verified).
- Current state licensure as a Social Services Worker.
- Computer skills (email, word processing, and spreadsheets).
- Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking.
- Experience working with in a healthcare setting.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 30
Primary Work Location Budge Clinic
Expertise Family Services / Mental Health
Job Type Part Time